30L Biorb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TMaier

Aquarium Advice Addict
My son came to visit and flipped over my Biorb!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1477192331.906205.jpg

So I happen to have a spare I have been using for plants and I am setting it up for him to take. New light should be here next week.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1477192392.529943.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You are too cool! What a great idea.

I shared the love with my daughter and she bought an Edge 6.6G tank, which I ended up getting back. Same with the 46G bowfront. Good luck.

What is the stock going to be???

They have a betta in a bowl that needs some better digs. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1477743372.967991.jpg

And I will toss in a snail or two for clean up work.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

New LEDS are pretty bright. So I added a thin strip of tint. IMG_1479667011.643292.jpg

I think Red appreciates the reduction in intensity. IMG_1479667055.884983.jpg

Handsome fish for a handsome BiOrb --- looks just mah-velous! The color, textures and leaf shapes are really well done. It looks exceptional.

In case you already mentioned them all, I will read back to see if you listed them, but what are all the plants you have in there??

Today I saw a 8G Biorb for $8. it was pretty scratched and had a small pump looking thing, I didn't get it due to all the scratches and I need another small tank like a hole in my head (have a pile of them in the closet). So I skipped it, but I thought of you and Red. Now typing this I probably should have got it just for the parts, lol.

Needle leaf Java fern, 2 different kinds of anubias and a bit of moss.

What is the stem to the left with rounded looking leaves. I thought I saw a stem of Myrio/Foxtail, not now, before - I don't see it in the last pic!?

Is there a Crypt in there on the left?

What is the stem to the left with rounded looking leaves. I thought I saw a stem of Myrio/Foxtail, not now, before - I don't see it in the last pic!?

Is there a Crypt in there on the left?

It's fake. They are attached to the volcano sculpture!

Today I saw a 8G Biorb for $8. it was pretty scratched and had a small pump looking thing, I didn't get it due to all the scratches and I need another small tank like a hole in my head (have a pile of them in the closet). So I skipped it, but I thought of you and Red. Now typing this I probably should have got it just for the parts, lol.

Yes you should! Scratches usually buff out. And the parts on these things are $$$.

Its 45+ minute drive one way, lol. Only getting back up there if there is some other reason to go! But I remembered you mentioning how much $$$ they were. Next time. LIke the time I didn't want to spend something like $29 at the thrift store, can't recall atm for an Biorb Life- I didn't know what it was at the time, and I think it retailed out for $400.00 new, kinda square one, and really I am still kicking myself for that mistake, lol!

Its 45+ minute drive one way, lol. Only getting back up there if there is some other reason to go! But I remembered you mentioning how much $$$ they were. Next time. LIke the time I didn't want to spend something like $29 at the thrift store, can't recall atm for an Biorb Life- I didn't know what it was at the time, and I think it retailed out for $400.00 new, kinda square one, and really I am still kicking myself for that mistake, lol!

Oh man! I haven't seen one of those yet. But I troll Craigslist weekly for goodies. I have a 4g Baby Biorb $40 I haven't set up yet. Saving it for an after Christmas project.

Back
Top Bottom