34 US GAL Community Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hobnobelisk

Aquarium Advice Activist
Greetings from England!

So the story thus far, my partners sister has had a fish tank for the past couple of years and when we went round we enjoyed looking at her fish. So about 2 months ago we decided on getting a 125 UK L tank (Roughly 34 US Gal) as a spur of the moment thing.

Now i myself am very impatient, so after buying a couple of plants and leaving the tank 4 days we went out and got 5 guppies (2 Male - 3 Female) About a week later we introduced 2 Swordtails 1 of each sex and a Common Hatchetfish into the mix. We waited about 2 weeks just to see how they held out and suprisingly they all survived! Around about this time our guppies gave birth and we managed to grab about 10 of them and haul them into a breeding net (Very hastily bought i might add)

Then as inexperienced fish keepers we found a snail infestation. We wanted a loach anyway so we thought this the perfect opportunity to get one and bought 2 Yoyo loaches and a Red Tailed Black Shark. After hearing lots of different things about these not so sharky sharks! We were worried we might have problems with aggression however this guy is the most shyest and friendliest shark ever!

Last week we purchased a very cool looking Angelfish. The reason its cool looking at the pictures you can see it primarily is a marble Angelfish but it does have the pearl shiny scales. Then today we purchased our last addition a Marble Hatchetfish for our common one. We consider ourselves very lucky as all fish look perfectly healthy and all are surviving well. To start with we did use supplements for good bacteria which must of helped alot, however for none to of passed away we must be doing a good job!

Enjoy the pictures =)

Attachments

• Front tank.jpg
    Front tank.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 181
  • Back tank.jpg
    Back tank.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 175
  • Angelbert.jpg
    Angelbert.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 163
  • The Don.jpg
    The Don.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 163
If the shark is leaving the other fish alone, I'd add more hatchets, as they are schooling fish and do better with company.

It is a nice looking tank.

Back
Top Bottom