~4' tall Wine Glass Tank - Won at Auction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Presently the top of the tank is mostly covered with Dwarf Water Lettuce and plenty of Duckweed mixed in.

The Betta passed away sometime back, can't recall if I mentioned that. Only if I finally make a decision to keep the vase will I add a new Betta. Maybe one imported from Thailand. Always wondered about selecting a fish from pics and then having it imported just for me!

Right now there are lots of tannins in the tank and I plan to give it a couple pwc to help get the yellowed color water more clear. Maybe get a few more pics in a week or so.

Lol, just watch Costco Christmas/ holiday displayed or online to know when it is available ;) for the wine glasses. It's really a neat set up.

I had saved the Seriyu stone and couldn't use them for the low pH shrimp tank due to leaching. And not settimg up any mpte tanls lol.

Also okho dragon stone looks pretty great too. there are better ones with sunset colors of your lfs gets them in. Can't remember atm what you already have. Both are nice.

If you get one to set up, you have to link the build thread.

Start cycling a sponge filter now so you'll be ready!!! Merry Christmas to her!

Oh forgot to mention I have a maybe half gallon margarita glass slated for a wabi-kusa ball, and presently a appx. 2 gallon brandy snifter with misc plants as well. Only because they are great - fun shapes.

I want to try that sometime. Seems like a good way to use some trimmings.

Got the jumbo Margarita glass from a flea market for around $5. Great deal!!!

Hoping to get to that other project in a couple months, enough going on for now but I have been wanting to have a little table with some "house" plants ;)

When the more severe winter weather makes me bring in all the other plants from outside back into the house and when the Colorado Aquarium Society has their fall auction, maybe.

It really is a ideal way to use trimmings. Too bad I will probably have WAY more than I can use in one little ball, (maybe 2) hahahaha.

Saw an article claiming these are on sale at Costco once again. Info provided said

$99.00.

Clearance prices when the Christmas stuff goes on sale would seem a better deal.

Just an FYI.

$100 is too much to my pocket book. But the ones like mine were bought on clearance and maybe $50 price range. Since mine was basically free, it was the best deal :) !

I would spend 100 on a proper style tank not a decoration type container.

Some cheap tanks going here! Even good deals on 6 ft tanks or SW tanks. Seems a bit quiet again of late in fish keeping world.

Well there are baby Ghost shrimp, maybe 4-6 I think I saw. They are not "grass" shrimp (like Cherry shrimp) and their bodies are angled sharply like a commonly seen Ghost shrimp. So perhaps in the areas of gathered shrimp where they came from, these and a few other people mentioning having babies, are suited to either kind of water, brackish water. I find it fun and very unusual.

These babies are smaller than the original shrimp I added to the tank so I know they are new ones.

Also unfortunately in over feeding.... OOPSY, there are seemingly hundreds of teeny tiny snails - not an exaggeration really, maybe a thousand, yikes! Looks like they are ornaments on a moss Christmas tree - and the other plants and glass and substrate and rocks. OH my.

Might just scoop them up as they get bigger and feed them to the Clown Loaches in the 72G. I have been putting in snails to that tank for the last maybe year and I only once saw one a week later, then never again. Only ever saw the snails in the 72G one day after they went in, just a few. Otherwise all gone!!!

I will be feeding half as much as I have been to see how it goes.

Those Guppies beg so nicely.

Overview

60074-albums14728-picture72217.jpg

Funny shrimp, not the very long arms and tiny red bands/cuffs on them!
60074-albums14728-picture72216.jpg

Favorite Guppy
60074-albums14728-picture72218.jpg

Things in here are doing well. There are 4-6 Pygmy Cories. So many shrimp. Basically Invisible shrimp lol.

I have a few more pics to edit not sideways or upside down and will post.

Back
Top Bottom