Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Members Freshwater Tanks Showcase
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-27-2018, 05:41 AM   #11
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Sounds good on glass - yes, was just a bit worried on how thick it was.

I agree - would be worth filling once for a drink (for half the neighborhood probably ).

Old 03-27-2018, 01:23 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Comments for web say 25 bottles and after calculating the smaller wine bottles size I figured 5G. But it took more than the 5G bucket 1/2-2/3 full 2x, plus nearly a gallon top off and there are still a couple inches at the top not filled. Granted I think the Lowes bucket I used isn't quite 5G, it seems slightly smaller.

A person who is mathmatically capable figured the volume - how the original builders said 7+G.

I did happen to weigh all my Seriyu stone because I was thinking of tanking to the auction total of stones was 16 pounds /7.25 kilo. If I subtract the leftover stones and guess if they used the whole bag of flora-max and estimate the water weight we could see how close we have for the weight...

Several compliments from nonaquarist persons / shall we say some of the naysayers, and a couple people from work who couple not quite wrap their heads around what a giant wine glass turned into a fish tank could ever look like, hahaha.

So even if it is not a forever fixture in the house, (breakage IS possible as it is not a thick glass - think that the holding wine corks is likely best use) it was a fun challenge and worth the whole day activity and hour of taking and loading pics and sharing this thread And as I said, it IS the biggest planted bowl I have made/ had.

So the biggest question - does it deserve to stay or should it go? Not too kitschy now?

All Fish inhabitants have a place elsewhere in tanks.

As a matter of fact I want to see if I get the chance to get a Mystery snail, 3 stores I went to didn't have any nice ones, and the Green Neons would look lovely in the tank again and might come up with a group to add back in. Also I will be possibly near a lfs soon which carries a good variety of nano fish

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -5G Spec V Snails & Betta
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 04:14 PM   #13
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Seems nice that it comes with its own stand for keeping?
Old 03-27-2018, 04:43 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Youíve done it up pretty. I personally am a klutz. No 2yo to knock it over, I would do end up doing it. That long glass stem makes me nervous as all heck. Iím gonna keep my fingers crossed for you.
Old 03-27-2018, 09:55 PM   #15
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

I must agree - I looked at the stem and thought how is that staying up!
Old 03-27-2018, 11:49 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

[NERVOUS laugh ] Now I am a "little" worried. Maybe will see a "Disaster eventually struck' post.

I try not to have anything move it. [NERVOUS laugh ] The other pic on the box of the wine glass, showed it filled with Christmas tree ornament balls, not gallons of water or stones... Oh Delapool... no straw either!

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?

Community Rules

FW & SW
Old 03-28-2018, 04:05 AM   #17
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Lol - can just see the fish Ďok, now I swim past you as you swim past me..í
Old 09-05-2018, 12:15 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Tank is running well with a half to 1 gallon regular mostly weekly pwc. A couple gallons sometimes.

Has 7 male Guppies and Endlers. They constantly chase each other in groups. I feel bad but not bad enough yet to mix in females to end up with countless babies!

The light it came with really only works when it feels like it. National Geographic clip on touch light. A great idea just not working well. Sometimes it doesn't come on for 5-10 taps/touchs. sometimes it comes on 2nd or 3rd try. It was turning off after 10 seconds, over and over and over and over again.... not impressed.

I use a Finnex Clip light, it is doing nicely, it fell into the water previously when on a different tank and some of the white LEDs are out, it dried and continues to work but somewhere along the line wasn't really water resistant.

The tank is adorable.

In the next week or 2 it will maybe be moved to the other side of the room - maybe. I am also scared of moving the weight on the little stem. Would need help to feel safer doing it. Still thinking it over. All the tanks on that wall were supposed to be moved to the opposite wall to make room for something else. BUT, might just leave it.

Also it was an extra "tank" I had not been planning on. I really like it but also considering getting it a new home. As paring down my tank work load is on my "to do" list. will try and update a pic or two in the coming weeks, my schedule is packed right now.

Community Rules

FW & SW
Old 09-06-2018, 07:29 PM   #19
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Must confess I donít know how it stays up
Old 09-06-2018, 09:35 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

It was wiggling around when I was cleaning the outer glass and I was wondering too. I should keep a 5 gallon bucket nearby for when it snaps I can grab it and safely place it inside!!!

Hahaha, we both know it won't happen like that!

Community Rules

FW & SW

Tags
build, glass, glass tank, tall, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com