40 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HairlessPotter

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My 40 gallon tank, a little over a month old. Sorry the pictures aren't to great, I only have the camera on my phone

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110720_005558.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110720_005558.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 170
  • ForumRunner_20110720_005548.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110720_005548.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 185
More pics, just barely took them

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110720_005808.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110720_005808.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 169
  • ForumRunner_20110720_005819.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110720_005819.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 161
  • ForumRunner_20110720_005830.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110720_005830.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 198
  • ForumRunner_20110720_005841.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110720_005841.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 156
Oh got ya. Ya my tank is a little small for him but I plan on getting a much bigger tank while he's still young, hopefully in the next year. If I can find the room (and money) I was thinking something like 125g

Cool. Luckkkkyyy. Yah I think minimum recommended size os like 50 gallons right? If you do end up getting that big of a tank soon you should also get a glass knife fish!!!! I was looking at them at liveaquaria.com earlier today. You can order them from there. Google them if u don't know about them already! Just bc I can't have one doesn't mean u shouldn't!

Ya I know they can get up to like 2 feet, or so I heard, which is huge! I just looked that up, definately would be a cool addition if I get a large tank.

I read minimum is 100 gal. Maybe ud be okay. Def. Do more research. But yeah I just thought it was the coolest thing ever

I think black ghost knives are awesome. I would like one some day if I had a big enough tank. I always argue with myself when it comes to filling my tanks. Do I get 1 or 2 super cool fish to fill the tank, or do I get a bunch of smaller mostly cool fish to fill the tank. The smaller ones usually win out for me. But, someday, I want to keep some of these super cool big fish like ghost knives.

absolutangel04 said:
I think black ghost knives are awesome. I would like one some day if I had a big enough tank. I always argue with myself when it comes to filling my tanks. Do I get 1 or 2 super cool fish to fill the tank, or do I get a bunch of smaller mostly cool fish to fill the tank. The smaller ones usually win out for me. But, someday, I want to keep some of these super cool big fish like ghost knives.

Yeah I know what you mean....I just need to get a big enough tank one day where I can do both!

Ya im kinda the same way. I want to get a 125g to get some big cool fish. I think stingrays look extremely interesting but haven't researched them much yet, maybe I'll look into that. If it will go with my bgk

Yeah, sometimes I think I need to just turn a swimming pool into an aquarium so I can have a fraction of the fish I want. Lol.

That would be awesome! Haha. I think it would be so cool to have a pond with silver arowanas and maybe redtail cat or something. When I first got my tank the guy at the pet store almost talked me into getting a silver arowana (obviously he's a salesman, not a fish lover) but I went home and did some researched. That would have been a mistake lol

HairlessPotter said:
Ya im kinda the same way. I want to get a 125g to get some big cool fish. I think stingrays look extremely interesting but haven't researched them much yet, maybe I'll look into that. If it will go with my bgk

A freshwater stingray ????

Ya, like a motoro or something. I only even know about them cuz some guy was selling one on ksl, looked very cool.

Haha I saw some fw stingrays at the local aquarium that were native to the amazon. Didn't know there was any u could buy for aquariums tho

Look them up on youtube or something. I think they look way cool, plus nobody else I know could say they have a pet stingray haha

Back
Top Bottom