40 Gallon Stock Options

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

umramgirl86

Aquarium Advice Activist
K, so I'm upgrading to a 40 gallon tank today! What are some stocking options for once I get it cycled? What would YOU put in it? And how many of each?

Hi its best to decide on a kind of set up really? Whether it will be planted,or rocks and wood. Also local water conditions have a bearing on choice,is your water hard or soft? Do you want to spend loads of time on the tank or have a low maintenance set up. My preference is oddballs, so polypterus species, climbing perch butterfly fish etc. make a nice set up? :fish2:

Personally, I would do an angel community. I have a 40 with angels, corys, kuhlis, rummies, platys, and pitties.

id put africans in it. loads of personality and very fascinating when they mouth brood.
but its all down to u, do u like:
-centre piece fish with small ones around it
-colonies
-a few bigger fish
-a bix colour mix
-wierd and wonderful
-planted with minnow like fish
-plain but breeds alot
-colourful, small and alot of them

good luck! x

absolutangel04 said:
Personally, I would do an angel community. I have a 40 with angels, corys, kuhlis, rummies, platys, and pitties.

Kuhlis!!
To really show their personality you definitely need a group. By a group I mean 5+ they only grow to about 4 inches.

Back
Top Bottom