45 gallon assortment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

r-pain

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412909163.236033.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412909184.834042.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412909204.862982.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412909257.530971.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412909301.526687.jpg

Tank was given to me by a friend, I think it's between 40-50 gallons. I'm running dual 20 gallon filters, with dual air bubblers. 3 bass, one's 3 inches other two are about 7 inches. One war mouth, one crappie both around 4 inches. A gourami and a rainbow shark, and 3 blue gills about 2-3 inches each. Just wondering what yall think, I'm fairly new but I'm learning a lot and learning fast. I have mixed feelings about the giant clam I've had him for a couple weeks but water flows to where he is decently. I feed them brine shrimp cubes, ghost shrimp and small comets. It's awesome to watch them eat and they all get along great, none of them are territorial or bother each other. I have 4 live plants and I haven't had any casualties other than one bluegill over the month and a half I've had this tank. I'm just wondering if I'm doing good and what yall think.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Never had water problems, I do probably a 25% water change every other day and about 50% every couple weeks. I drop a couple ph tablets in after I do the 50% change.

You think so? If anything I was worried about the rainbow shark

Those fish are eventuallu all going to murder the crap out of each other :( the bass and sunfish are all super territorial. The shark and gourami will become lunch. And the clams have a tendency to die and create a huge ammonia spike.

I removed the clam, the bass could already eat the shark if they wanted to but haven't yet? The tank was running without the bass for a while so I think the bass leave the shark alone because he was there first

Those fish are eventuallu all going to murder the crap out of each other :( the bass and sunfish are all super territorial. The shark and gourami will become lunch. And the clams have a tendency to die and create a huge ammonia spike.

That's ok. In another thread he/she admitted that although knowing it's illegal, they are going to be released back into the wild.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium advice.

That's ok. In another thread he/she admitted that although knowing it's illegal, they are going to be released back into the wild.

Or killed with bare hands;) Semantics really..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It seems more reasonable to try and release it than kill it and it like that's messed up

Back
Top Bottom