46 gallon bow front african cichlid tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shammrock

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
4 medium to large sized driftwood, 5 lava rocks of different sizes, a couple of smaller sized clay flower pots,, and a few shells! Tryin to upgrade,, probably a month away!! I think I'm addicted. Just looking for opinions, and ideas.

image-1280392343.jpg

image-3888556945.jpg

What is the correct I'd on this sucker!?all help is greatly appreciated!!

Hi nice looking set up(y) i am afraid i have know idea what type of cichlid it is:oops:
What is it your looking for opinions on? Your set up or idea's for your next tank?

stingrays4 said:
Hi nice looking set up(y) i am afraid i have know idea what type of cichlid it is:oops:
What is it your looking for opinions on? Your set up or idea's for your next tank?

Thanks!! Hope all is well! A little bit of both . I m tryin to upgrade sooner than later, but all ideas about setups, and the next tank are appreciated! Thanks!

That is a nice looking tank man! But I'm afraid that they might start fighting.. How many do you have??

Hi one idea is to try what is known as a biotope, basically trying to pick an area of the world or even river or lake then try and keep just fish and plants from that region, easier said than done though!:lol: You seem to have mainly lake Malawi? Planted tank is also another common project or even breeding?

Womble1234 said:
That is a nice looking tank man! But I'm afraid that they might start fighting.. How many do you have??

I have 16 total. A mix of Africans. This tank has been up for a while,,without many problems. The aggression, is pretty low key, but the kenyi, has been becoming a little bit nastier towards all other fish. When I do upgrade, I would most likely start fresh, with a couple of exceptions, and try to peice together a well rounded , peaceful, African tank! Any ideas or suggestions?? Thanks!

stingrays4 said:
Hi one idea is to try what is known as a biotope, basically trying to pick an area of the world or even river or lake then try and keep just fish and plants from that region, easier said than done though!:lol: You seem to have mainly lake Malawi? Planted tank is also another common project or even breeding?

Sounds very cool!!

Hmmmm... There all pretty nice I eachother when their younger, but make sure you put in LOADS of hiding places and a place for each to retreat home to :) they should be alright

Hi as far as i understand lake Malawi is basically loads of cichlids from that lake and hoping to spread the aggression around? Lake Tanganyika is generally a little less 'aggressive'?
Some of my idea's for my next projects are = a better designed planted set up.
A marine tank - FOWLR {Fish Only With Living Rock}
An oddball tank with a few bigger fish,but not nesserary from the same biotope?
Breed swordtails again.
Also of course there are river type set ups - loads of water flow with fish that like loads of flow:fish2: too many fish not enough tanks:fish2::lol:

Different Malawis are more terrortorial than others.. They are not aggressive, the terrortorialness makes them look it.. There are very terrortorial ones, and less ones.. Keep more aggressive ones together and more timid ones together.. They should be ok, but always.. ALWAYS.. Research the fish before buying them, and make sure there are loads of hiding places for them :)

Womble1234 said:
Different Malawis are more terrortorial than others.. They are not aggressive, the terrortorialness makes them look it.. There are very terrortorial ones, and less ones.. Keep more aggressive ones together and more timid ones together.. They should be ok, but always.. ALWAYS.. Research the fish before buying them, and make sure there are loads of hiding places for them :)

Thank you very much!! Very much appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom