55 gal tank log

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zagz

Aquarium Advice Addict
Sorry about the blurriness of the pics, the bird was chasing my feet. It's rather hard to take steady photos when a bird nips your toes! :roll:

55 gals, play sand, it will have a fluval 304 and emporor 280 on it. Using media from the FX5 to kick start the cycle.

1002985.jpg

1002983.jpg

1002984.jpg

1002986.jpg

1002987.jpg

I love the stone house/castle. Call me crazy, but in the last pic, the plant to our left of the house/castle looks (at the very top of it) like Yoda cocking his head.

"Cycled must your tank be before stocking it you can.” :lol:

(I'm not meaning to be instructional--just jokey :))

Nice looking tank! If you need any plants just send me a pm. I have a couple of good LFS that carry Tropica plants close by, plus I am always trimming something back. With you being in Canada I could get stuff to you pretty quick. Keep us posted :)

Glenc said:
Nice looking tank! If you need any plants just send me a pm. I have a couple of good LFS that carry Tropica plants close by, plus I am always trimming something back. With you being in Canada I could get stuff to you pretty quick. Keep us posted :)

Thanks, I'll do that.

Day 2. I added the seeded material from my FX5, if this doesn't make a fast cycle, nothing will! LOL.

Some pics of the seeded junk, I mean media. :)

1002992.jpg

1002991.jpg

1002995.jpg

1002996.jpg

Hooray for seeded media. One week and the ammonia is 0ppm, nitrite is 0ppm, and nitrates are 10 ppm. The angelfish and the bala have been moved over to their new home and are loving it!

1002998.jpg

1002999.jpg

Very nice! Your tank is looking great! I will get those plants in the mail for you asap. Haven't been myself lately. Becketti will be great in that tank!

Back
Top Bottom