55 gallon.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Herotilapia_Multispinosa

Aquarium Advice Freak
My dream world where fish is all that matters.
Got this 55 for $150 on craigslist :) came with everything but the fish.

Fish:
1x2.5 in tiger Oscar
1x1 in gold saum
1x 6 in Pictus cat*
1x 4 in honey groumie*
1x 2 in clown Plecostomus.

*= fish that came with a free 30 gallon I got a few months back. And I wouldnt of bought for this tank.

Filtration/other hardware
1x2215 ehiem
1x petco air pump
1x no name heater that is just about dead

And yes I am running the tank off an extension cord hooked up to a power strip XD

Attachments

• image-3885776664.jpg
    image-3885776664.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 340
  • image-309644461.jpg
    image-309644461.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 316
  • image-2160556582.jpg
    image-2160556582.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 311
Cool! I bought a new 55g and im keeping tetras, gouramis, guppies, platies,mollies, angelfish, German Blue rams, chinese algae eaters African Dwarf FRogs, Mosquito fish, and clown loaches.

I know it should I just don't like seeing it. It just being fine isn't worth my time

The oscar should be alone. it still look small now but once it gets bigger it will start taking out your fish. I had to learn that the hard way

Well if I could afford to buy ME a tank I would probably buy you one too. But I'm broke. So we're both outta luck. And so is the oscar. But I don't care what you do. I'm just trying to save your fish. But its up to you

There is no need for snarky or snide comments. The objective of this forum is to offer information and support to members about the keeping of aquatic critters, not belittle them for the choices they make.

I was trying to help. You weren't saying anything about how aggressive oscars are and how they shouldn't be housed with other fish. And if doesn't know that they are he wouldn't expect it to attack his other fish when it grows

seekinghealth said:
I was trying to help. You weren't saying anything about how aggressive oscars are and how they shouldn't be housed with other fish. And if doesn't know that they are he wouldn't expect it to attack his other fish when it grows

Your initial post only commented on the size of the tank. I was just simply replying to that statement by saying an Oscar with pristine water conditions can live in a 55.

You are correct in stating that the Oscar will kill the tank mates when the fish grows larger and all fish except the Oscar should be rehomed.

Then why are you saying all these other things? I stated those things and if you ask anyone else who has ever kept oscars they will agree

That's good. I'm not trying to boss you around but if you rehome one I wouldn't give it to a lfs.. if you haven't noticed why already

Back
Top Bottom