55 Gallon Build! First Big Tank!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bleh :( I am trying to control a minor ick issue right now

My tetras brought them into my tank, i'm guessing it's because they were stressed in an aggressive environment, so I moved them to another tank and now i'm doing the meds with raised temps

Bleh :( I am trying to control a minor ick issue right now

My tetras brought them into my tank, i'm guessing it's because they were stressed in an aggressive environment, so I moved them to another tank and now i'm doing the meds with raised temps

Be sure to add a lot of extra air. The heat burns the O2 out of the warmer water faster, leaving less for your fish when they need it most.

Thanks for that advice wendidell! I removed about 5 gallons of water so the filter could waterfall and give more air bubbles.

I am actually not even close to my aquarium's capacity and would like to add many new fish. I don't want to deal with quarantine and stuff like that so...
I am considering getting a UV sterilizer so it can just deal with it...

Do you think this is a good or a bad idea?

I'd suggest a 3d background, like those made by Designs by Nature

I have one and it looks great. But, you said you were broke, so that might not work for you.

New Build! New Lighting! Check It Out!!! :)

Here is my new build :)

Lace Rocks
African Drift Wood
New Sunset Lighting (My bottom feeders love this one and are always out and about now :) )

Tiger Barbs
Albino Tiger Barbs
Plecos
Rainbow Shark
Corydoras

I couldn't add plants, the plecos mowed through my corkscrew vals already lol
Wish I had a good video camcorder though :(

Attachments

• AQ.jpg
    AQ.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 100
Back