55 gallon turtle & fish tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
flame_fish said:
nomadu571: thanks I really hope when my tanks final everything will go as planned.
and
nunutheeel: the stocking plan would be great :) my dad only deals with saltwater so he wouldn't know about this kind of thing!!

Ya forsure. Just list the fish ur interested in and i will try to make a stock :)

okay thaks :D but just asking how do you make a 'stock'? I'm just awkward -.- haha.

Well u just use your knowlage about the fish to figure out if they are compatible, and the size of your tank to determine how many fish you can have and if they need to be in schools

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Well u just use your knowlage about the fish to figure out if they are compatible, and the size of your tank to determine how many fish you can have and if they need to be in schools

Oh okay that helps but okay should I just tell you the fish I want & the tank size again? o:

This probably doesn't matter, but I am going to throw it out there. Is there a minimum size that pet turtles have to be in your area? Where I live turtles under 4 inches are illegal as pets (without permits or what-not). Sorry, I just thought of it was I was reading some posts about the growth rate and size of the turtle affecting tankmates. :) I don't know how common of a law that is though.

There's no legal issues regarding the sale of turtles in the uk. There used to be, but no more. Most shops will only stock hatchlings as they are small and easier to sell.

There's no legal issues regarding the sale of turtles in the uk. There used to be, but no more. Most shops will only stock hatchlings as they are small and easier to sell.
Ok. I have not heard of that law being active elsewhere, I just figured I would throw it out there as a consideration just in case. I have been told by various petstores that the restriction is about salmonella control, but I have not really researched it much.

Sorry if I sounded blunt. Lol Diddnt mean anything. Yeah there used to be I don't know much about it, but it was stopped a while ago. The issue is that a large number of turtles carry the salmonella virus, they are completely fine but can pass it on to humans via contact. Aslong as you are careful not to touch your mouth after handling and to wash your hands before and after handling there isn't much risk, it can be a non issue for most musks as they are mostly aquatic and handling should be kept at a minimum. As far as I'm aware there are no laws on sale of them or keeping, however breeding I don't know, but I would be confident to say your ok to breed in the uk too. Other countries including Scotland and Ireland or america etc I don't know.

Back
Top Bottom