55g Cichlid Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CichlidMadness

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Okay guys I'm new to fish. Got a 55g for free. BB in my media was a good start because the tank was running the same day I acquired it. Set it all up used some bio starter crap. I got a 1.5" Convict, 2" GT, 1.5" JD, 2 veil angel fish biggest ones about 3" smaller is about 2". Seem to have paired up. Common pleco. One clown loach ( who will be getting a buddy or two soon. And one 3" rainbow shark. You're thoughts?

This is some pics.

Attachments

• 20170103_211116.jpg
    20170103_211116.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 66
  • 20170101_173604.jpg
    20170101_173604.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 70
I like your layout. I'm not sure how angel fish will deal with the convicts as they get bigger that's something to keep an eye on. Your common pleco and clown loach(s) will probably outgrow the tank at some point unless you plan on keeping the tank lightly stocked. The best advice I can give you is research the crap out of this hobby research every fish you have and every fish you plan on getting. Make sure to understand the nitrogen cycle backwards and forwards. Everyone's tank is different and you will learn over time how yours behaves. Expect to lose a fish or two as you learn. But yeah my two cents.

Back
Top Bottom