60 gallon; 3 tier; waterfall tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My one question would be...how are you gonna keep the substrate or plants from getting too kicked up?

Im excited to see more :) and to see how you keep the whole thing running!

It's pouring on the floor because it's was the first test of how well the waterfall was designed. After the plumbing is done and the fluval g6 is hooked up, then there will be pictures of the tanks put together.

Thank you for answering my question before I asked it.
I was like, But it's pouring on the floor that's not right. Isn't it suppose to pour into the next tank?
But I get it now.
It is one of the coolest ideas for an inside tank. I love the sound of waterfalls of any kind.

Even the kind that pour on your floor as you watch your fry?! Haha Jk...anyways...so do you have any blue prints for this bad boy? Or is it all freehanding?

My wife (me4sweetd) and I sat down with some grid paper and designed the blueprints before we started.

As far as the sub-straight getting churned, I don't thing it'll be a problem as the water is being poured as a flat surface instead of from a hose.

For example we use a 1gallon square Tupperware container to do water changes on the hospital tank. If we pour the water from the side of the Tupperware (flat waterfall) it takes a lot more water flow to reach the bottom than if i use the corner of the tupperware (pointy/hose waterfall).

However if it does turn out to be an issue; some nice wood or slate right where the gravel is being churned should fix the problem.

Awesome!! Haha...I was confused as to how someone responded to a question like they were sitting right there as it happened :) a wife would make sense...haha

Both waterfalls are done.

Shown is the top tank with it's waterfall and it's filter waterfall. So as the water is filtered by the g6, it enters the glass box in the top tank, that tank overflows to the top tank, which overflows to the next tank, and the next...

Attachments

• image-568439512.jpg
    image-568439512.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 574
First full water test!! I'm so excited!! We are so close! This weekend for sure we'll have a cycling, functional tank!

Attachments

• image-2614334152.jpg
    image-2614334152.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 554
  • image-3619683835.jpg
    image-3619683835.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 523
  • image-940482948.jpg
    image-940482948.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 552
  • image-3427741284.jpg
    image-3427741284.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 534
  • image-2311128632.jpg
    image-2311128632.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 550
beautiful i want to make one at my dad's now. to bad there aren't mini salmon so when then spawn they jump up to the top tank

So the water returns from the bottom to the top tank through a powerhead? Is that installed already? Beautiful work man.

andresdeo said:
So the water returns from the bottom to the top tank through a powerhead? Is that installed already? Beautiful work man.

Returns to the top tank via the filter itself. No; it's not installed.

Okay that is pimp I would love to do something like this someday and maybe have it be a breeder setup with the parents in the top, juvies in the middle, and fry on bottom!

Back
Top Bottom