60 gallon; 3 tier; waterfall tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
First full water test!! I'm so excited!! We are so close! This weekend for sure we'll have a cycling, functional tank!

:popcorn:Yours is the most unique and beautiful tank I've seen. I applaud your imagination :flowers:. I'm just as excited to see your build finished :fish2: as I am when it's been one of mine.
Good wishes and Good luck.

Big-j said:
How are you stopping inquisitive fish from goin over with the water?

Initially I'm not going to care, assuming the fish I select will be too big or scared to chance it.

If the proves ineffective, I'll post no trespassing signs.

Finally, if needed, I'll use grating.

Got the aquarium setup last night with filter.

No major leaks all night, everything seems dry. Need to figure a way to tune the water fall so it's more even and a less splashy. Doesn't seem to be splashing out, just noisy.

Our house is typically very quiet, so the noise of the waterfall is very obvious. I think it's rather relaxing, yet I'm not sure if I like it.

Attachments

• image-3386073427.jpg
    image-3386073427.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 452
  • image-2765936528.jpg
    image-2765936528.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 425
  • image-373886087.jpg
    image-373886087.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 427
  • image-3528583688.jpg
    image-3528583688.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 496
xxwolfpackof1xx said:
how much did this cost?

$50 for each tank
$14 for the glass panels
$5 for the glass drill bit
$60 for the thick wood
$10 aquarium sealant

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
not bad i assume this could be done with 15 or 10g tanks? id love to do this with my dad

tank size doesn't matter too much, just figure out how to make sure the water doesn't go where it's not wanted.

If you make a lip on the tank above then the water should flow right in to the next tank. But the lip would have to be like an inch below the top

Joyler said:
You don't have any cats do you?

Yes two. I fully expect them to watch the tank... But find it unlikely they'll brave stepping on the rimless tanks. Doubt they'll be able to 'get' any fish without being on the tank itself.

rain87 said:
How do you plan on doing lighting

Not sure yet. We are considering the 36"-48" marineland double bright led suspended a few feet above the tanks.

Any suggestions?

JustinKScott said:
Not sure yet. We are considering the 36"-48" marineland double bright led suspended a few feet above the tanks.

Any suggestions?

That's what came to mind for me when someone asked about lighting, suspending a fixture above each "tank".

Well if you do one fixture it would be easier but you have to think about how the distance from the lowest tank will affect it. You would have more control if you had a light for each section but it would be more expensive. I don't really have any advice as to what you should do just curious as to what the plan was. It's exciting to watch this come together!

Just bought the marineland 36-48" double bright led from fosters and smith. It'll be here in 7 days... :) Now just have to wait!

My wife and I ultimately decided this tank will not be planted, so the double bright will be perfect.

We have the substraight in the tank along with several plant&rock decor. More pictures once the cloudiness has gone.

Back
Top Bottom