60 gallon cichlid tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Besides being overstocked which I know you know your chichlids look skinny and malnourished what is your feeding scheme??? Take a look at your pics their stomachs are all sunken in! Either they are too scared to eat with the Americans in there or you ain't feeding enough or maybe worms either one I would try sort something out!

The photos that I have of them is when I purchased them from the local fish store. The fish are all pretty fat right now LOL

Friendly reminder guys. Keep your posts on the topic of the thread and try keep all conversions civil and polite.

"Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Excessive sarcasm, belligerence, insults, name calling, profanity, anger, offensive comments about race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, and national origin, are not acceptable."

"Stay on topic by keeping discussions relevant and on track."

To the OP.
You would be far better off putting the Americans and the parrot in the 200g and trading in about half of the Africans and keeping them in the 60. The Oscar alone requires 75 gallons just for himself. I know they are only small but the Oscar will grow at a rate of 1 inch per month. By Christmas he will be big enough to eat most of your Africans. As your tank stands right now with younger fish, I would still consider it overstocked.

Friendly reminder guys. Keep your posts on the topic of the thread and try keep all conversions civil and polite.

"Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Excessive sarcasm, belligerence, insults, name calling, profanity, anger, offensive comments about race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, and national origin, are not acceptable."

"Stay on topic by keeping discussions relevant and on track."

To the OP.
You would be far better off putting the Americans and the parrot in the 200g and trading in about half of the Africans and keeping them in the 60. The Oscar alone requires 75 gallons just for himself. I know they are only small but the Oscar will grow at a rate of 1 inch per month. By Christmas he will be big enough to eat most of your Africans. As your tank stands right now with younger fish, I would still consider it overstocked.

Sorry yeah i shouldnt have said that stuff

Back
Top Bottom