60L Biorb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TMaier

Aquarium Advice Addict
OMG [emoji44] look what I stumbled across today and I am in so much trouble when my husband gets home....IMG_7850.jpg

Let me guess...you were strolling along minding your own business and the bowl-tank just flopped into your shopping cart.
Nice knowing you [emoji847]

He shook his head in frustration and walked away. Old and married and knows when to hold his tongue [emoji104]

Do you know what ur gonna put in it yet

Idk. I might just use it for all the various plants I have growing out in various jars/buckets. Leave it cold. I have hours of polishing ahead.

oh my! i would love one of those for a small school of guppies and some live plants. guppies are my favorite small community fish by far and i think they would be absolutely stunning in an orb like that! whatever you do with it im sure it'll be lovely.

Polished for a few hours and got most of the paint/chunks buffed out. Hand buffing and my arms are all pumped up. This tank looks like it was in a corner and kept getting spun around and scraped on the textured walls. But I'm not going to do much more since squirrels will most likely climbing on it to beg for peanuts by the window.

I've decided it's going outside for plants. But I think I'm going to need a heater, I don't know how cold these tropical tank plants can handle? Try to keep the tank about 65-70 degrees at minimum at night. I will wrap the bubble chamber in poly floss to try and create an under the sand filter area. Load up on root tabs and then cover with pool sand. I don't have any wood at the moment for the tank. I do have 3 small/med chunks of the lava stone like my main tank. I collect Kitras glass so I will probably use one of these as decoration and some accents of tumbled glass.

I'm trying to utilize what I have on hand to minimize the $$$.

For fish I will be looking for something that will eat mosquito larvae as I am sure the mosquitos will find the water. Suggestions welcome on appropriate fish or the heater.

Plants will be Anubias, Java Fern, Fissidens fontanus, subwassertang, some Bacopa and guppy grass.

Ya seriously. Where you find all these is this the third one?

This is the 5th. I have the 15, 30 and 60 liter orbs and a Biube. One of the 30L orbs I gave my son. This one the acrylic is in the worst shape of all of them. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and I just keep spotting them on Craigslist. This one was $30 and 15 miles away close to where I work. I am hoping to find a Flow or Life model, then my husband will probably divorce me. Lol.

Started setting up Big Daddy today. Sponges under sand with osmocoat +. Heater set at 70 to keep it from getting too cold at night. Sand is from my old nursery tank that I have been using with plants and grow out. Rocks have been in old tank water with the plants since December. A few ramshorns and one pond snail in there for now. I still have guppy grass to plant and misc other bits and decorations to add. But it's a start. IMG_8038.jpg

I'm reading this thinking about how we're currently having a heat wave here in the 40s right now. Haha

Guppies are master mosquito eaters. There's no getting around it. The fish nerd place by us has some very neat strains- moscow, pineapple... another that slips my mind but is like mother of pearl. He was really irritated because he had ordered both males and females but only got males.

Got a few more plants in and some color glass accents. I still have a gallon of guppy grass but I just don't know if I am going to plant it. No more room lol. IMG_8064.jpg

Back
Top Bottom