65 gal fish tank all fake plants and decorations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bryanmc1988

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
well here is my fish tank build out of fake plants and decorations...

over 30 fake plants
1 tree stump (far left)
1 tree root (middle)
1 log (far right)

plants are around the decoration to make them look more hidden and making the surrounding nicer...

this will be for my betta tank... it will be filled with over 300 + female betta's... one big happy family

let me know what you guys think... and what should go in next or whats you think is best....

P.S. i hate real plant they always die on me... lol idk why... i give it sunlight... i have a plant light and they still die... no idea why and they just make the tank more durty if you ask me...

sticking with fake plants are best and easy to clean... a bit more prices then real plants but in the long run, they all count

Attachments

• IMG_0129.jpg
    IMG_0129.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_0128.jpg
    IMG_0128.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_0130.jpg
    IMG_0130.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 239
Beautiful tank, and Live plants are not for everyone. They do make the water quality much cleaner however as they use waist and provide oxygen
I am sorry to say that it would not be healthy or fair to have 300 of any fish in a 65 gallon tank, how would they have room to swim? I would say you could have maybe 30 female bettas in a tank that size.

their not that big... they are about 3 in max ea... mayb not 300 but something like 150-200 maybe... idk really cause i bread my own bettas and who know's maybe i'll have more males them females lol

I have to agree with the others, even 150 would be too many, the bioload from even 150 fish would be HUGE and you would be changing water every day to keep the toxins out of the water, not to mention if the fish are crowded and unhappy, disease can break out easily... that also happens with a large bioload and a dirty tank, please reconsider the amount of fish before you have issues you cannot handle... Remember, rule of thumb is 1 inch of fish per gallon... its a little more complicated than that, but at it simplest, if you have 3 inch bettas, 20 would be the max... Please do some research before you buy or breed that many fish. The tank on the other hand looks nice, I do like the live plants, but this way it always looks perfect!

150 fish?

No way. Unrealistic.

You really should do some reading on it before you waste so much money and hurt that many fish.

Also, the 1-inch per fish rule isn't always correct. You cannot fit 65 betta's into that tank.

I did say general guideline and he said 3" per fish, so 20 IS more realistic.... After reading more, are you going to try and grow the "family" to 300? I would say if you started a sorority of female bettas of 10-20 see how it goes, but I guarantee it won't get to 300, keep an eye on the parameters and slowly increase the number until you cannot keep up with th maintenance...

I shouldnt get involved but....
Beautiful tank, and Live plants are not for everyone. They do make the water quality much cleaner however as they use waist and provide oxygen
I am sorry to say that it would not be healthy or fair to have 300 of any fish in a 65 gallon tank, how would they have room to swim? I would say you could have maybe 30 female bettas in a tank that size.
Ok overstocking with excellent filtration is no problem. I do think 300 is still to high due to swimming space. But there are some fish that are small enough that you could have 300 in a 65. There is a species (cant remember the name but can look it up if you want) that stays about the size of a guppy fry. Also shrimp. You could have almost 1000 of those little buggers in there.
150 fish?

No way. Unrealistic.

You really should do some reading on it before you waste so much money and hurt that many fish.

Also, the 1-inch per fish rule isn't always correct. You cannot fit 65 betta's into that tank.
Female bettas are more than 1 inch long. He probably has done some research. If you overfilter by ALOT he could have alot more than what the 1 inch rule states. Not 300 but more than the "rule" states.

1) Filtration alone won't alleviate water issues caused by over populating a tank. A good maintenance schedule will go a long way as a preventative.

2) The "inch per gallon" rule should be disregarded, period. By that reasoning you can put a 10 inch oscar in a 10g tank. Ummm, I think not. The "rule" doesn't take into count the bio-load of any given fish.

3) Just because female bettas are supposed to be less aggressive than the males doesn't mean that they are. I've had more than my fair share of females that would have killed their mates and did kill off everything in their tank.

4) Even 100-150 is over doing it for that tank. They are bettas, they are known for aggression. Refer to point # 3.

i will keep that in mind... i'm not buying that many fish its a pair that i have breeding already and eggs have laid and hatched... its about 2-3 months before they get to jump into the 65 gal tank... males will have a 1-2 gal tank ea and female will all jump into the 65gal tank... i have 2 65 setup and running as fishless cycle right now as we speak but not all will live during the growing stage so lets see how much turns out alive n what are dead within the next few weeks... so far so good no dead baby's but its only been 4 days

bryanmc1988 said:
i will keep that in mind... i'm not buying that many fish its a pair that i have breeding already and eggs have laid and hatched... its about 2-3 months before they get to jump into the 65 gal tank... males will have a 1-2 gal tank ea and female will all jump into the 65gal tank... i have 2 65 setup and running as fishless cycle right now as we speak but not all will live during the growing stage so lets see how much turns out alive n what are dead within the next few weeks... so far so good no dead baby's but its only been 4 days

Good luck breeding your Bettas!

Good looking tank. Perhaps i'm not getting a proper look from the picture but does that stand look a little insubstantial? The tank must weigh 800 lbs!

I'm not really a fan of fake plants after seeing how pretty live plants are in tanks, but man but you did a great job of making it look gorgeous! :D I'm jealous!

Back
Top Bottom