75 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adrien765

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello-
This is my first post here. I decided I should send a pic of my tank so here it is. Hope you enjoy it.
img_886683_0_f562d6bf1c5f2bfdbac546da6c152109.jpg

img_886683_1_836dd9a6ae6d1bfa429eaae2c70d356e.jpg

Nice looking tank. (y) Have you considered a background for it? You can paint one, or use black or blue bristle board? It makes the fish show up better.

Nice looking tank. (y) Have you considered a background for it? You can paint one, or use black or blue bristle board? It makes the fish show up better.

What is bristle board?

LOL never said I could spell. It is cheap and can be cut to size for a background. It's not waterproof, but it is so cheap it can easily be changed if you want. I have one tank that has tin foil for a background. Makes picture taking interesting but looks ok.

I did have black construction paper backing one of my 10g tanks, but when I moved them this weekend I didn't have anymore black so I left it off, I also had it on one of my female betta tanks. It does make looking at the fish easier and takes better pictures also. I might have to look into that bristol paper now. Thanks!

Very nice! Welcome to AA!!!

I agree about putting a background on the tank it really enhances the look of your tank.

I know I really need a background. I just cant seem to find that "one"

Believe me I know what you mean. There are so many to choose from I have gotten to the point now that I just paint the back of my tanks a color.

For FW though a nice planted background does look nice. Though there are lots of FW folks that paint either black or blue. It's totally a personal choice.

New to this aquarium hobby...still poking around the forums, but thought I would post a picture just to try it.

7 goldfish, 4 blood parrots and 2 plecos. So far, so good.

I also just read a bit about the dark blue or black background and will be trying it soon.

I've seen pictures where a really deep blue (almost black) looked incredible. I guess it would probably depend on the colours in the tank, vegetation, etc.

Yeah I am going to have to look into that. I dont have to many options here in Alaska!!!

Yes i was referring to the deep blue ones.

the best way to attach it to the tank is with veggie oil. Clean the tank and background well with ammonia based product, then make sure both are completely dry. Apply some veggie oil btw the tool and smooth all the bubbles out with a credit card. When your done, it should look almost like the glass itself it blue, not a piece of glass with a background behind it.

I just tried the black background (couldn't find blue). It didn't really work out like I had hoped. It made the tank look smaller and more confined as opposed to an 'environment'. Too bad. I'll take a look at other examples and maybe try a different approach to it in the future.

Back
Top Bottom