75 gallon in the works

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishy wooten

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Here is my 75 gallon just filled, so I can start planting. Then in a couple of weeks with stock with fish.

Attachments

• 75 tank.jpg
    75 tank.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 222
That's a tree stump with roots in the middle of the tank. The center of the stump is also hollow so it gives the fish a spot to hide out. What species of fish do you guys and gals recommend for this tank?

Depends on what you like, looks like a great African cichlid setup! But if you want live plants I think some large rainbow fish and some other smaller schooling fish would be nice.

Is that a real stump though? Your toughest choice will be going with a cichilid tank or planted tank. Thats why the FW part of this forum have both topics seperate ;)

Looks like a perfect cichlid set up! :) Mbuna or peacocks would awesome in there! Great work, really like the stump - did you find it locally or buy it?

meegosh said:
Looks like a perfect cichlid set up! :) Mbuna or peacocks would awesome in there! Great work, really like the stump - did you find it locally or buy it?

I was thinking the same thing, mbuna would be great with all the stones. But if they want live plants then the cichlids will not be compatible. Won't they uproot and eat a lot of the plants?

meegosh said:
I think our very own ChizerBunoi disproved the "cichlids can't be in planted tank" myth a long time ago.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f100/pride-rock-90-gallon-planted-african-south-american-cichlid-journal-136429.html#post1177896

Lots of folks have planted cichlid tanks will all sorts of different species.

Interesting, I just know they like to dig a lot and it can be difficult. I guess anubias would be good since you can anchor it to wood or stones. And the leaves are thicker and less likely to be eaten. I'm surprised he got crypts to last though. Their leaves are so fragile.

Dude I agree with the rainbows! Some Bosemani Rainbows would be gorgeous!

I dove deep to the depths of a local lake and removed this, no but really I got lucky and found it on eBay. The best part about it was that it was already in a aquarium for several years. So I didn't have to do any conditioning to it. I also decided on lake Malawi cichlids for the tank with 2 cuckoo catfish and 5 clown loaches.

The layout is really great!! After a while the wood will release tannins and create a nice blackwater effect. Ever consider an amazon biotope? Some nice angels would look great in there!If your interested in larger cichlids, south american species such as various geophagus would do well, especially considering the fine substrate :)

Back
Top Bottom