75 Gallon Newbie Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SidFishous

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This is my first tank since I was like 9 years old... This is so much more fun than I'd imagined it would be! Fish are cool!

Here's who's in my 75 gallon tank:
2 Black Phantom Delta Guppies (m)
5 Glowlight Tetras
3 Rummy Nose Tetras
2 Cosmic Blue GloFish Sharks
2 Cosmic Blue GloFish Tetras
4 Cosmic Blue GloFish Danios
2 Zebra Danios
3 Blue Danios
1 Sterbai Cory Cat
1 Dalmation Molly (f)
2 Black Mollys (f)

Whew! Didn't mean to put so many fish in already, but got a bit carried away! Already there are some things I would have done differently, but so far everyone's getting along swimmingly! (Sorry, hope I don't get banned for bad puns!)

Attachments

• image-2.jpg
    image-2.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 118
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 102
Need to either return the cory or up the number to a minimum of 4, 6 is better

Yep earhtmother, I think you're right. I definitely started out with some questionable advice on which fish and how many of each kind...

Makes me wonder - anybody have any thoughts on how you can tell if your fish are happy? I swear the two Glowlight Tetras I started out with looked downright depressed until I got them a few more friends. They do seem better now. My Cory Cat looks super happy, but then again, how would I really know what it looks like to be a "happy" fish?

I find my cory's tend to be shoaling fish rather than schooling fish. I have 20/30 *I think* and they seem to stay in groups of 2 or 3 unless it's dinner time then it's a free for all

Back
Top Bottom