75 gallon planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have had great results over the years with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I concur. Plus, the variety and availability are much more than just a few years ago.
IMO it's like doing a dry start without the dry start, if that makes any sense.

It's nice to not have to worry about pests too. Haven't had an issue yet.

Got one to day just hoping now it performs as good as it sounds.[emoji2]
9bf5c2b079299c30d9a68b3312f5a41c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:dance:Oh new toys I love new toys:dance: , I was looking at that very same canister and heard a lot of good things about it , I was going to buy one than I saw another canister it was discontinued and on sale cheap so what I do I bought it :banghead: big mistake , it was a Cobalt EXT "what a piece of garbage" , now I wish I spent the extra money on the fluval, I saw the performance and how quiet it was at my friends house , now I got to get one(y)

Last edited:
@54seaweed i've been very pleased with it so far and has done exactly what I wanted to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1470161359.715531.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1470161369.543539.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1470161369.543539.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 112
Unfortunately lost 5 of my discus over the last month. Decided to change all the substrate out for sand and stop doing plants in the tank. I believe I had some fertilizer that got exposed from the substrate which made ammonia spike. I work 24 hour shifts and unfortunately it was too late for all but 1 of my Discus. So now the plan is to do more of a discus biotope and no plants. I will be looking for some good branching wood to run top to bottom. I have a 55 gallon with sponge filters running and will be getting some juveniles hopefully in the near future.

Added some new manzanita driftwood from manzanita-driftwood.com

Back
Top Bottom