75 gallon Rancor community tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Max Action

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
For now only a couple crappy pics, but when friends with digital cameras come by, I'll try to take more. Pardon the horrid glare.

75 gallon tank:
fishtank.jpg

7 Tiger Barbs
3 Upside-Down Catfish
3 Fundulopanchax Gardneri Killifish
3 Black Kuhli Loaches
3 Chela Laubuca (? - or Chela cachius - ? - mystery glass fish, sold as "Blue hatchets")
2 Julii Corys
2 regular Kuhli Loaches
2 White Clouds
2 German Blue Rams
1 African Butterfly (Pantodon buchholzi)
1 Schwartzi Cory
1 blind cave tetra
1 weather loach
1 albino bushynose pleco (male)

(14 species, 33 fish)

2 Eheim cannister filters (one Ecco, one regular)

fishtank2.jpg

Only a couple of the plants are real, plus plenty of java moss throughout. Lots of bogwood, agates, quartz - plus some fired clay sculptures, a geode, a small Terminator action figure, and, of course, the Rancor.

Where did you get that decoration with the bubbles coming out of it?

A gaming shop in my mother's neighbourhood has a Star Wars themed tank with two immensely fat albino Xenopus in it.

Toirtis said:

It's a fired clay sculpture I made in high school - was originally intended to be a light, but the notch in the back for a power cord worked just as well for running an airstone line in.

Max Action said:
Toirtis said:

It's a fired clay sculpture I made in high school - was originally intended to be a light, but the notch in the back for a power cord worked just as well for running an airstone line in.

I like it...if you ever decide to be rid of it, I want first dibs.

Well, mine are total lurkers, and I gather this is pretty common. So I don't see them a lot, but I kind of like that - I don't like all of my fish being immediately obvious, all of the time.

Cool tank! I was trying to figure out what a Rancor was too, no fish I'd ever heard of...hehehe. Good job!!! 8)

Back
Top Bottom