75 gallon SA/CA tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Freakgecko91

Aquarium Advice Addict
So here is the new tank, 75 gallon, playsand, with a fluval 405 on it.

Plants:
Jungle Val
Ozelot sword
bronze crypt wendetii
Hairgrass
Water sprite
Dwarf lily pad (as I'm told)

Fish: (not all permanent)
Uaru orange variant (adult female)
2 rainbow cichlids (adult)
1 festivum (tiny baby)
1 wc blue acara (4")
2 gymnogeophagus balzanii (baby)
2 keyhole cichlids (juvenile)
4 geophagus sp. rio pindare (baby)
1 three beacon pleco
13 lemon tetras
6 axelrodi Cory

image-2216367459.jpg

image-3607353778.jpg

image-3306332021.jpg

image-3681901021.jpg

Lovely set up! Just had to rehome my Rainbow pair as they where a right pain in the arse with my plants and when they where spawning, gutted loved those fish.

One is perfect, the other had taken a beating in it's previous home, so he looks like hell, but everyone seems to be getting along well, just added the three beacon and cories this morning, still yet to introduce the pindare

So here is the new tank, 75 gallon, playsand, with a fluval 405 on it.

Plants:
Jungle Val
Ozelot sword
bronze crypt wendetii
Hairgrass
Water sprite
Dwarf lily pad (as I'm told)

Fish: (not all permanent)
Uaru orange variant (adult female)
2 rainbow cichlids (adult)
1 festivum (tiny baby)
1 wc blue acara (4")
2 gymnogeophagus balzanii (baby)
2 keyhole cichlids (juvenile)
4 geophagus sp. rio pindare (baby)
1 three beacon pleco
13 lemon tetras
6 axelrodi Cory

View attachment 158997

View attachment 158998

View attachment 158999

View attachment 159000

Very nice FG. The decor looks very fitting for the tank. Seems like the tank is empty! Is everyone small or just hiding?

Haha yeah, she's very camera shy!

It's a combination of both. I don't want to overstock the tank, so I haven't added my second dither school yet (any suggestions? My dad wants neons for if...boring to me). I'd hate for the uaru to he HLLE, and we're yet to find a good way o filte our water, Brita filter at the moment. Gonna add a couple angels for movement near the top

Joking aside the tank looks awesome, very realistic you should be extremely pleased. Now with that said lets see that darn Uaru!

These are all that I have, will have to try and get more :)
The tank still needs some tweaking, but I'm super proud of it
image-2840331880.jpg

image-619933493.jpg

I got her for a steal, $30! She was in a 90 gallon show tank with some random fish and her mate at my favorite fish store. We had a really bad cold snap and their heater malfunctioned. The male died, and they decided to sell her given that she was no longer in a pair. Got her for $50, but had just bought a massive bag of jungle Val off a friend, and the owner offered me $20 off the uaru if I traded it to him haha not bad if ya ask me

Looks better in person, wish I coulda done Eco complete because I like the darker colored bottom, or I wish I woulda done blasting sand

Looks better in person, wish I coulda done Eco complete because I like the darker colored bottom, or I wish I woulda done blasting sand

I've done extra white sand, black sand and a shade in between. It really depends what you are trying to with the tank and the colors of the fish. Based on the stocking list you describe, I actually like your sand color.

The only issues are the blue acara and balzanii. The light sand seems to wash them out, although the balzani are babies. The blue acara is 4" but her colors are not nearly what they should be

The only issues are the blue acara and balzanii. The light sand seems to wash them out, although the balzani are babies. The blue acara is 4" but her colors are not nearly what they should be

Those are two fish that would benefit from the darker sand, especially the acara. I actually keep a green terror in a black sand tank and he looks so much better than the previous tank, which had white sand.

Those are two fish that would benefit from the darker sand, especially the acara. I actually keep a green terror in a black sand tank and he looks so much better than the previous tank, which had white sand.

I prefer light, here is a festae over black then a week later to white.

27198-albums1492-picture36543.jpg

27198-albums1492-picture37021.jpg

I'm going to keep the sand anyway because it looks natural to me, and makes the Uaru's colors pop, and since she's the centerpiece, I want her to stand out. I'm gonna try and get some pics of her in the next few days here, just haven't gotten to my day's house where the tanks at. I just had my tonsils out yesterday morning, so I'm not allowed to drive yet

I'm going to keep the sand anyway because it looks natural to me, and makes the Uaru's colors pop, and since she's the centerpiece, I want her to stand out. I'm gonna try and get some pics of her in the next few days here, just haven't gotten to my day's house where the tanks at. I just had my tonsils out yesterday morning, so I'm not allowed to drive yet

What color sand is it and how many pounds did u put in the tank. Looks very natural.

I just use play sand, but there's a particular brand that I get from Home Depot (can't remember the name off my head but it is DEFINITELY NOT quickrete brand). I used about 100 lbs of dry sand

Back
Top Bottom