8 FT Community tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Extremely nice, excellent color on the discus. Your stand is great, obviously looks like a sweet custom job. Ever consider doors or anything to hide the guts for a refined look?

What are the deal with freshwater muscles and/or clams? They are filter feeders right? Will they be pestered by large cichlids and such? I've been to mutiple stores and have never seen them there. Where can I find them besides paying a butt load to have these shipped online?

Doors for th stand are on the cards very soon, and also close up the sides aswell.

As for the mussels i'm not too sure about cichlids bothering them, i think the pleco may have been the cause for their deaths. after closer examination there were holes in the shells.
They are available in Australia but i'm not too sure about international...
they were about $10 each.

I dont think i will get anymore. I'm not too sure about water conditions that they require.

the size is 8x2x2ft, i think its 800ltrs or 200 gal.

now wht could i do with a 300gal????????
cherish the thought.

trotty said:
the size is 8x2x2ft, i think its 800ltrs or 200 gal.

now wht could i do with a 300gal????????
cherish the thought.

Actually, that's a 240G with those dimensions.

96 x 24 x 31 Tall - 300G Tall
96 x 30 x 25 Tall - 300G Wide - The one I want. :)

Got some New plants.....

Attachments

• imgp0018_212.jpg
    imgp0018_212.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 172
  • imgp0010_195.jpg
    imgp0010_195.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 172
  • imgp0028_160.jpg
    imgp0028_160.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 198
As for the mussels i'm not too sure about cichlids bothering them, i think the pleco may have been the cause for their deaths. after closer examination there were holes in the shells.
I don't think plecos could have caused that. Snails can, as some of them were designed to eat shell fish, but plecos eat a variety of foods, but I never heard of them eating shellfish.

BTW~gorgeous tank!

some more shots. got some new discus too!

Attachments

• imgp0268_182.jpg
    imgp0268_182.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 181
  • lattest_062_311.jpg
    lattest_062_311.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 182
  • lattest_066_186.jpg
    lattest_066_186.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 182
Very very pretty and peacefull I love the pic with all the plants your fish should be very happy..

What happened to all those woderful looking Discus? Just get tired of all the extra work?

What happened to all those woderful looking Discus? Just get tired of all the extra work?

I'm in the process of an exchange program for the rainbows... I'll get 20 juviniles and grow them up to colour and then swap them for some more juvi' keeping the best stock from the adults.

Those wil go into breeding setups... And hopefully make some $$$$:)

Wow, how cool is this?!

Eventually (when she's done with it), I'll inherit from my Motehr a tank a little larger than this one.

I hope I can make mine half as beautiful as yours.

Back
Top Bottom