9g Biube Money Pit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TMaier

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello my is Tmaier and I have an addiction. This is tank #6. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1475018506.707248.jpg

Craigslist $50
Has the LED light and pump.
Extras included Biorb algae cleaner and vacuum.
4 filter change kits.
Net
Various water conditioners
Gold fish food from deceased prior occupants.
Tank is only 9 months old. Prior owner still heartbroken over loss.
My gain...
Now I will spend a month pulling it together. Updates as I progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Not seeing the problem - wait, wait, tank seems small - you deserve a larger one!? Looking forward to updates :)

Ha ha, nice! What are you planning to put in there? Betta or nano fishes?

Dwarf puffer eventually. Low light plants live and a few tall fakes. I didn't want to put a heater in it but I can't find a fish I like that won't need it.

Progress so far. Seeded with sponges from my main tank under the substrat pro that was soaked for a few days in my old dirty tank water. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1475369648.053775.jpg

A mix of real and fake.

I will let it sit for a week and test the water. Toss some flake in every few days to feed it.

Money money money out the door. Temps are starting to drop here and this is in our garage/laundry area. Gonna have to buy a heater today to put in here. I had one in my extras goody bin but it does not appear to be working.

I ordered a few more fakes to add. Pearlescent black.

This tank is gonna look like a bad 80's tribute but that puffer is gonna stand out like a little superstar.

Got the last of the plants in and a few old snails hanging out in the new tank.

If I put a dwarf puffer in here what do I do for algae control? Will they bother a big nerite?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1476066031.340881.jpg

Not sure what would happen with a nerite. They are not exactly small.
I would deal with algae control through water changes and a timer for the lighting.

Not sure what would happen with a nerite. They are not exactly small.
I would deal with algae control through water changes and a timer for the lighting.

This is what I am going to have to shoot for. I would hate for the snail to be harassed and injured by little bites.

I think I might be there?! Using my established tanks sponges to feed it seems to have worked.

Safe to add one puff this weekend?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1476316246.141262.jpg

Id say its safe. From what ive read they tend to be really sensitive, so you might want to wait a little longer, just to make sure its stable. Up to you though

I'm going to wait a week just in case. That coral is sending the PH pretty high. GH and KH are high too. Do they usually prefer softer water?

I have been seeding the tank with ramshorn snails for the past few weeks. And today.... drum roll plz....

Meet Mr. Puff
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1477419270.408781.jpg

Hello Mr Puff. I'm very sorry for missing your very own thread but I like you new home....

How many can fit in there? How's he/she settled in?

Just got introduced today. Not sure if it is a male or female yet. Just exploring every nook and cranny and eating the snails he finds. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1477428533.151382.jpg
Since it is only 9g, I just planned on one.

How often should I feed? I have ramshorn snails in a tank at home just for feeding.

Back
Top Bottom