advice on redesigning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ahhh that I don't have but vinegar I do have lol whats the best way to prep the rocks before putting them in someone told me put them in oven at low

hey convict2161 if you like the rocks I don't know where you live but I can send you in boxes lol as many as you want

If they were from outside I'm not sure, I've heard of putting dw in the oven but not rocks before.....just make sure they're washed really well but not with soap, and do the vinegar test then wash again :) I guess you can put them in the oven if you want, no harm unless you burn yourself on them taking them out or something......I don't know if it does any good or not though.

Lol just figure heating it up would kill all bacteria on them that will harm the tank

Lol just figure heating it up would kill all bacteria on them that will harm the tank

I've read before that heating or boiling rocks could make them explode. I found some rocks from the side of my house that I used in my tank I just washed them really good a few times and then put them in. Haven't had any problems at all :)

Ohh Kk thanks I've been boiling in water. All day lol gonna go for another hike and get more there's so many nice rock Wana take them all lol now for live plants I really wanna use to is there. A. Certain plant that works good with. Cichlid

Back
Top Bottom