All this talk about scaping and RE vamping got to me!!! lol.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well after looking at everyone's amazing cichlid setups and seeing all these beautiful pieces of art being re scaped I just had to!! lol

Before

image-1590210870.jpg

After, see of you can see the difference. I opened the front of the tank back up and added 2 pieces of driftwood and a new piece of rock holey rock

image-537704400.jpg

image-3757068114.jpg

image-1836525222.jpg

image-2863392304.jpg

image-428536525.jpg

My two CAE's are enjoying the new rock.

image-1489898500.jpg

I'd also like to add that all pics are taken with my iPhone 5. Only difference is I moved the marine land DB's back further on the tank. I use to have them dead center but for some reason I like it much much better back further.

I think I'm done for awhile. Wife says no... She gives it a week lol.

Last edited:
Awesome job, your tank looks great.

LOVE the after pic!! Well done Convict!

Thank you both!! I think this scape is my favorite so far. I've achieved ALOT more hiding areas. Hard to see in the picture but the center piece driftwood is 2 pieces stacked to created tunnels and caves.

It was something that literally just came to me while working. I ran home too a few pictures of the tank (before pictures)

And then just stared at the pictures for hours going from one pic to the next etc etc etc. I called my buddy at the LFS who knows I'm a HUGE pain lol and I asked him to send me pics of some of his smaller pieces of driftwood.

And well... There ya have it!!

Thanks again!! :)

idk convict i hate to say but i think i liked the old scape better i mean the new one still looks great though !

Thanks!! I'm just feeling to "openness" in front. But thanks for being honest. Can you point out what you like and dislike? If you don't mind. I love constructive criticism.

Back
Top Bottom