Angels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreamroper

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello,
I'm curious, what is the average size of your Angel Fish? I have heard that they can get up to 6" and then I've read that most now don't get over 4". That's a pretty big difference in size. Those of you that have them and they're adults, what is the average size?
Thanks,
D

I'm out right now but I will post some pictures of my angel tanks when I get home. I have 8 of them in a 55g

Is that measuring the fins (I hope). Worried my 50g isn t going to be big enough eventually.

I fifty should be just fine. Yes that includes fins:)

I have 3 juveniles in my 36 gal bow front. Both LFS that I go to told me that that number is okay. Matter of fact, I specifically asked them how many I could have and that was the answer from both. I guess if they get too big, I'll have to rehome. I love them though and I have a really peaceful tank with tetras, rasboras, corey catfish & platys.

The Angels are pretty small right now....
Thanks.
D

Sadly, I lost all three of mine along with all of my neons due to an unexplained PH spike. I also lost one platy and the whole weekend was miserable. My tank is stable again with a PH of around 7.6, 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites and although everyone tells me it's bad I also have 0 nitrates with a planted tank. Do you think I should get another one (or two?) angels with the PH at 7.6 stable?

I would suggest starting a new thread relating to ph. There are many things that can cause the ph to change. Find the reason why your ph change would be most important before adding more fish

Wow!!! I love you angelfish! !! I'm having a lot of trouble with mine dying. :(

Wow!!! I love you angelfish! !! I'm having a lot of trouble with mine dying. :(

Me too. I've lost 3 now. One was pretty little and the other 2 were 1/2 dollar size. They're so beautiful and you almost feel like you're condemning them to death by bringing them home!! I just bought two more black marble juveniles today. Keep your fingers crossed!

I hope it works out for you!! I lost four that were silver dollar size.. all smokeys. . I'm going to try again with silvers and marbles I hope to find some veils :)

I honestly don't know that much about them, I just know that the two new babies I have are black marbled. They seem to be doing okay so far. They hid for the first hour and now they're out swimming around with everyone else. I hope it works out too; I love them....

Back
Top Bottom