Another planted 20 gallon! (10 pics, 1.83MB)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CaysE

Aquarium Advice Freak
Here are some new shots of my 20 gallon planted tank, with 5 Goo Obo gudgeons, 4 threadfin rainbows, 3 cherry red shrimp, 1 oto, and an army of ramshorn and physa snails. Plants are corkscrew val, bronze c.wendtii, java moss, l.repens, r.rotundifolia, wisteria, blyxa japonica, and a dwarf lily.

2006-10-10-1.jpg

2006-10-10-2.jpg

2006-10-10-3.jpg

2006-10-10-4.jpg

2006-10-13-1.jpg

Wow, I appreciate the praise everyone! :D

Just for giggles, here's a little history. I was given the tank by my aunt as seen in the next pic. The only fish in there is a clown loach.

DSC03014.jpg

After all the researching I did when I finally became interested, I realized the clown loach was too big, and I had planted tank envy from seeing so many beautiful setups that other people had. So I gave the loach to my LFS, tore down the tank and started over.

DSC03292.jpg

DSC03315.jpg

2006-10-18-1.jpg

Thanks again everyone! All of the real gurus here and on other forums inspired me to make a lot of progress and learn so much. (y)

WaterPond said:
so the nutrafin co2 sstem does work!
I'd say it's on the bleeding edge of "does work" in a 20 gallon tank. I'm only hitting about 10ppm CO2, so I think I'll end up moving this system to the 10 gallon I'm building. Now I need to figure out what to use for this one.

i'm jealous :(
that's freaken GREAT !!!!!

QUESTION:
I noticed you have an aquaclear power filter.....
where did u get that sponge to cover the filter intake ??

The sponge is from some other filter system, but I don't remember what exactly. I was sorting through the pond filter section looking for something, and found that. It has a hole right down the middle. The problem is, as you can see in the pics above, it pushed against the back glass and angled the lower tube. I trimmed a flat section so it sits flush to the glass now.

Back
Top Bottom