Anyone have red belly piranhas?! Post photos here! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bananas, shrimp, small fish sometimes, carnivore stick and pellets like shrimp or cichlids ones an spirulina

A little bit I clean up as soon as they're done and sometimes siphon that water out but not to bad

How do u clean without getting hurt?!

They're scared of my hand in the tank but I usually just vacuum and I try not to be near them if I do put my hands in to fix something. They don't go after you they're actually really shy.

So no one has any??

Not since '83-'85 :(
Bought one for $5 and it was the size of a US nickel. Was labeled "silver spotted fish". Returned it to the same shop a few years later for $10 store credit. Bought a lot of feeders from the same shop. He shared a tank with a crayfish for a short period of time. The cray lived under a rock and fed on the what the piranha missed. Then one day I came home and found a pair of claws in the middle of the tank. Tank was bare bottom so that I could siphon up any waste the fell to the bottom. Definitely an interesting conversation piece.

So no one has any??

My brother has one about 8 inches long and close to 3 inches wide. He feeds him about any thing he wants. They are actually cool looking fish when they get in the right light and send out a flash.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390189861.883306.jpg

My two are just over 6 inches and having trouble with feeding but they're new so giving them time...

There is no way to get my hands on piranah in so cal huh?

Sent from my PRO7D using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom