Aquarium Parts ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GOLDFISHGAL

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 90 Gallon bow front tank with a sump. It was previously a salt water tank and was very neglected. I am working with a fixer upper and little experience. The towers are stained from allege growth. I'd like to replace them but can't find any parts. I am not 100% if it's a custom set up or not. I am rather uneducated when it comes to large tanks. Any help is welcome.

Tower ? This one water flows into the tank

Attachments

• 20170624_110535.jpg
    20170624_110535.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 54
Tower? This one flows out of the tank

Attachments

• 20170624_110556.jpg
    20170624_110556.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 59
I would remove the towers and try cleaning them with vinegar following by generous rinsing. Sponges (new), paper towels, or even filter floss can be used to scrub the tube's inside walls.

I would remove the towers and try cleaning them with vinegar following by generous rinsing. Sponges (new), paper towels, or even filter floss can be used to scrub the tube's inside walls.
I cleaned them with "Bar keepers Friend" recommended for the salt build up and vinegar before assembly. ? sadly it didn't work. Might have to try the floss. Thanks!

I don't know if aquarium shops carry lift tube bottlebrushes much these days. If you can find them stick the lift tubes in warm water with some bleach, soak it for a bit then run the bottle brush through the inside of the tubes. Should clean it right up. If you can't find a bottle brush, like mentioned earlier try pushing some floss/paper towels/handy wipes through the tube using something like a dowel to push it though.

Bleach can be problematic if you don't get rid of it afterwards. Soak in warm water, rub the heck out of it, soak it again, run water through it, let it air dry, then soak again and see if it feels slick. If it feels slick, keep rinsing/drying/etc again til it doesn't when wet. Back in the day we used bleach on everything in the tanks, just did a lot of rinsing and air drying.

Back
Top Bottom