Aquascaping Critique

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CanadianWaters

Aquarium Advice Addict
Title pretty much says it, I just need some help with my new tank. Any comments or ideas are welcome!

Stats:
29 Long
Fluval C3
Aquaclear 20

Future Stocking:
12 Neon Tetra
12 Rummynose Tetra
8 Panda Corydoras
8 Sterbai Corydoras
2 GBR

Attachments

• image-531999852.jpg
    image-531999852.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 202
  • image-828493799.jpg
    image-828493799.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 175
  • image-2382886302.jpg
    image-2382886302.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 169
  • image-1354539981.jpg
    image-1354539981.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 169
Nice! And I like your stock list. The only thing I would recommend is going with a black background as your neons, rummys, and GBR's will blend with the blue and their colors won't pop as much.

Nice! And I like your stock list. The only thing I would recommend is going with a black background as your neons, rummys, and GBR's will blend with the blue and their colors won't pop as much.

That might be too many corries though for a 29 gallon I would go with 10 (5-5)

looks good! your also going to want to remove that mondo grass. its not a fully aquatic plant, and will slowly rot away. I'm assuming you got it at petco or petsmart? they have quite a few "aquatic" plants that aren't fully aquatic

Do you think there's enough hiding places? It seems the tetras seem to stay in place most of the time. Just tested and all my paremeyers are fine. Are they just adjusting still?

I would add some taller drift wood and some rocks. But I love the fish you wanna keep in the tank. BTW tetra will not do well in a high PH, they like 6.5 to 7.0

I used chocolate brown works as well but not as intense as black plus I have a black guppy

If you are going to get DW, you could tie the java fern and anubias to it. The sword in the middle looks like it is planted a little too deep. The three bunch plants will do better if separated and planted individually spaced about an inch apart.

Awesome! Thank you! I am really new to plants so I'm kinda hoping for the best with these!

Awesome! Thank you! I am really new to plants so I'm kinda hoping for the best with these!

The bunch plants being cabomba should be spaced apart as well as posted above..far enough apart the leaves don't touch..you could stagger them as your fish will appreciate the cover..

No I switched all the fish to a larger tank but brought the old filter with them. I have been testing daily and all seems well.

Back
Top Bottom