Artesia's 60 Gallon Goldfish Tank Redecoration Journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What exactly is that.....the "fuzzy" kind of looking greenery just above the surface of the substrate?

It's the plants that grow at the bottom of the aquarium like grass. :) search check out Billbug's 12 gallon iwugami build thread. That'll give you a good idea. :) it's something like dwarf hair grass or micro sword.

I'm really not certain if we're going to continue with the "Asian/Zen" theme, though it looks like it's going in that direction due to funds right now...I really want to do an "exotic shipwreck lagoon" kind of thing, with a massive shipwreck that takes up most of the tank, but I don't think that's gonna happen for this tank right now...

That being said, I don't think we're going to do a "carpet" kind of planting, instead just keeping the natural-colored pebble gravel we have now and adding artificial stuff around it; I think I want to try adding the blue decorative stones under the bridge to give the illusion of a "stream" running under it, but I have a feeling this is gonna come out kinda cheesy...

I am so bad at aquascaping and theming a tank, as my specialty lies in writing, not art/design/etc.; I wish there was someone who could come to our home and do a 'scape for us, or design a theme even with plastic plants and ornaments because I don't know what to put where to make the whole thing "flow" and "look right"....:nono::(

I think the tank looks good so far. Love the idea of the pirate theme! I was gonna do that in my 26 bow front but I just couldn't break myself of the more natural look that I've done in all my aquariums.

I think the tank looks good so far. Love the idea of the pirate theme! I was gonna do that in my 26 bow front but I just couldn't break myself of the more natural look that I've done in all my aquariums.

Thanks, man...

The thing is, I think we have to keep this "Asian/Zen" kind of a thing for now, which you see the progression of in the pics of the tank as it stands today, pretty much (that bridge off to the left, the Asian gazebo on the right...); I want to do not a "cheesy, childish" kind of pirate theme, but perhaps a massive classy and authentic looking "shipwreck" in the midst of a lagoon of some kind, plants all around it...don't know how to pull this off yet even if we were going to go with that, and the pieces to make this work are SO expensive...

Believe me. I know how much the decor can be, I work at PETsMART. But some times you can find good deals or try Craigslist or amazon.

UPDATE!

Well, we recently returned a "premium cat bungalow" we bought from Petco's online store, and now have about 77 bucks in store credit -- I was thinking of maybe buying that two-piece "Sunken Gardens Shipwreck" set made by Penn-Plax and sold by Petco, as it comes to 80 bucks for the two large pieces in a set, though I'm not really sure if this is the ship I really LOVE; what do you all think? The large pieces of THIS set:

030172014598C.jpg
RR811__59634.jpg

Do you guys think this can work as a centerpiece for my 60 gallon, just adding some plants around it? Does it look "fairly natural"?

Hey artesia!
I think that these pieces are pretty cool, though. Would search some other online stores from more options if you truly feel this isn't it

Hey artesia!
I think that these pieces are pretty cool, though. Would search some other online stores from more options if you truly feel this isn't it

Hey Goldfish Loach!

How have you been? Did you see my "We Lost Our Black Moor" thread? Unfortunately, that lovely Moor you liked with the gold scales died...:( Seemed like a random bacterial infection...:(

As for the ship -- do you really like these two pieces, and can you see them in my 60? The thing with looking for different ones is that I'd like to maybe take advantage of the store credit we have now and use it towards the pieces...

What, your moor died!!!!! That's a very horrible tragedy :cry: he was a very beautiful fish :(
I agree with the store credit, are there other types of ship you like in the store?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah....we are still heartsick with it.....please look for the thread in the General Freshwater section about it...:(:(:(

I agree with the store credit, are there other types of ship you like in the store?

No, not really; the only one would be the Penn-Plax Sunken Gardens Shipwreck, which is the one I'm considering...

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you envision those two pieces as a "centerpiece" of the tank? Do you think anything should go "between" them?

Back
Top Bottom