Baby Biorb Project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If I were there with you in person I would so kick your butt right now.
No mercy for the gimpy leg either.

Last edited:
Haha I was super excited to wear a high heel today with my peg leg (I had to raise it two notches). It wouldn't be a very interesting fight.

You do an awesome job with your aquatic fauna.

I took the Endlers back today. 25% of their purchase price as a credit. I wish the Betta would have eaten the little brats.

If Betta's are the toy poodles of the fish world then I am pretty sure Guppies/Endlers are the roaches.

Watching the tank at work. Instead of working.... I am so excited I see baby shrimp!

And then low and behold I see a planaria. I have not fed since last Thursday and dropped a pellet in and they came running.

Argh....

Set my planaria trap yesterday and caught some! I'm going to keep trapping and try to avoid wormer treatment.

Hahahaha... I have only SEEN the one in my bowl, that one time, but I seriously cut back the food, surely he's just hiding out and not gone :(

Good luck on getting rid of the buggers. I will probably need some luck too. Makes me scared to stir up the substrate.... :eek:

So... I fed the tank last Thursday the 8th. Yesterday the 13th I set up the planaria trap. Checked it this morning and no planaria but had a baby shrimp. Amazing it was still alive. Put it and the food in the tank and out popped the planaria.

How long can the shrimp go without feeding if I am trying to starve the planaria?

What a frustration. I think as long as you haven't scrubbed the biofilter off the shrimp could live a little while. But the planaria could eat substrate captured particles. Forever in my tank :(. Though I haven't seen more. I might give my substrate a rinse through a strainer next time I do whole bowl clean clean out. Planaria are irritating creatures.

Okay I had a feeling they could survive an apocalypse and live off dead snails and shrimp. I removed the snails dosed the tank with fenbendozole.

Can we please add this word to the app spell check to help a girl out. Lol

This morning I was back in the office and saw live shrimp. Woohoo.

I dropped in a few pellets and have been checking over the past hour and so far no planaria have shown up. I spotted half a dozen shrimplettes! Gonna change a bit of water now.

I suspect I may have to treat again if planaria are waiting to "hatch" or something... or are they live bearers to reproduce?

Back
Top Bottom