Betta you forgot me!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skylane

Aquarium Advice FINatic
If you guys remember my little 8gal, its now home to a betta fish! This tank was overcrowded with fish, who now live in my 90 planted.
But the original tank had no fish??? Hmmm.... I thought what fish should I put , it was clear a betta, this is the fish that got me back into the hobby over a year ago!!![emoji1]
So I thought , I keep forgetting to post some pics of the tank and fish, but this guy hates photo shoots.
" SO HALLO TO MY WITTLE FWEND" his name is Tony , go figure???

uploadfromtaptalk1446683889603.jpguploadfromtaptalk1446683936670.jpguploadfromtaptalk1446684038057.jpguploadfromtaptalk1446684228086.jpg

I believe so Nils.
By the way I'm impressed with your tanks young man!!![emoji39]
I still have faith in you guys, that you will keep the hobby alive, I was told at a lfs that the youth don't follow it as much. I don't believe him, look at you my man, a future with fish!!![emoji39]

Clem.

Tank and fish look great! What is he, a crown tail?
Do you think I could put a tank mate with him, or leave him alone ?
This is a low light tank, most of the plants in there now are by propagation except the plant on the driftwood it is the original !

Clem

Very nice!

My last betta was with green rasboras and pygmy cories, current one is with pygmy spotted rasboras.

Thanks,Theresa.
He seems kinda lonely in there.[emoji15]

Clem.

It really depends on the personality of the individual betta. Are there any tank mates you're interested in? More importantly, would you have a back up plan if it didn't work out?

Hi Theresa,
This one is a shy guy, he actually uses the plants to rest or sleep on. I could never get a good photo of him, but he's in the old tank which actually is updated with new lighting, and the plant are fine for this tank. I have most fish already, in the 90, but I was thinking more of a clean up crew??? Shrimps, small variety pleco, the substrate is gravel , but Im not sure if for now. Tetras would be nice in that tank, but I think not a good idea for bettas. Tell me what you think???

Clem

Hi Theresa,
This one is a shy guy, he actually uses the plants to rest or sleep on. I could never get a good photo of him, but he's in the old tank which actually is updated with new lighting, and the plant are fine for this tank. I have most fish already, in the 90, but I was thinking more of a clean up crew??? Shrimps, small variety pleco, the substrate is gravel , but Im not sure if for now. Tetras would be nice in that tank, but I think not a good idea for bettas. Tell me what you think???

Small cories maybe, shrimp are a possibility. The betta may or may not go after adults. Small tetras or rasboras could work but again it depends on the individual betta.

I might move him? Smaller tank and restock the 8g, with something new??? It just gets better, more fjsh!!![emoji6]

Clem

I might move him? Smaller tank and restock the 8g, with something new??? It just gets better, more fjsh!!![emoji6]

If it's a possibility that's what I would do. Maybe something like a 3 or 5g for the betta. Would definitely give you options for the 8g (y)

Rite on!!!
Sounds like the old tank is gonna be new again!!![emoji106]
I'll move him out, and start over with the 8gal..I like it[emoji39] I'll post latter...hmmm is too small for RAMS???

Thanks Theresa.

Clem

Rite on!!!
Sounds like the old tank is gonna be new again!!![emoji106]
I'll move him out, and start over with the 8gal..I like it[emoji39] I'll post latter...hmmm is too small for RAMS???

Thanks Theresa.

Do you have another tank or will you be shopping?

You might be able to get by with 1 ram in the 8g but you'd have to be very careful about both water temperature and quality.

I can be done though. The first pair I owned was an impulse purchase from a group auction. Came home and the only tank I had available was an established, planted standard 5.5g. Got the temp worked out, let them settle in, and before I had to chance to find a larger tank for them they spawned!

img_3302230_0_62563633528b65e48a5ebb2174e623b6.jpg

Nice looking GBR!!!
It was just a thought , currently I have a male in the 90, he's nice but I thought it would be a nice home for him and a mate?

Clem

Back
Top Bottom