Black sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angela1108

Aquarium Advice Addict
So we just upgraded our 12g guppy tank up to a 20g long. When we switched them over we went to black diamond blasting sand. Everyone seems to be doing well so far :) probably going to do some moving of plants. (Some are borrowed from our big tank to make the tank cycle faster. Our small tank was leaking so we had to move them over before we could cycle the bigger tank)

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409185590.581889.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409185603.374864.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409185614.631657.jpg

We are planning a lighting upgrade in the near future

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Are that an anubia in the bottom right corner? If so, you shouldn't bury it in the gravel because it will rot. You should attach it to a rock or driftwood. Just a heads up ?

*is

Also, nice set up! ?

Good catch. I didn't even notice it got buried. The other one in the back corner isn't covered. Not sure how I missed that. My husband doesn't listen. I specifically told him not to bury the rhizome.

I've been watching the fish super closely and water parameters I haven't paid much attention to the plants

We've had good luck in other tanks with it in the gravel just not the rhizome

Back
Top Bottom