Brush Algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DwarfGouramiCrazy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am having alot of problems with brush or beard algae in my 55 gallon planted tank. I am thinking about adding a siamese algea eater, but I am not sure if it would be ok with my oto cats, cories, adf's and ghost shrimp. I need some advice on how to get it.

CAE can have a mean side sometimes. I have one that is calm but have had multiple warnings from others that they can get nasty to others

There is a big difference in true SAEs and CAEs.

SAEs are generally peaceful. I don't think there would be any issues with adding a trio to your tank (trios for them are better than pairs - if they are aggressive at all, it is usually towards each other when kept in pairs).

If you are looking for a source, you could send a private message to severum mama or HN1 - they sometimes have them for sale. Also AquaBid.com - Sell or buy aquarium related equipment and fish in an auction format! might have some available.

If you get true SAEs (not flying foxes or CAEs), they are great for eating Brush Algae in my experience.

Back
Top Bottom