Bubblenest?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flame_fish

Aquarium Advice Activist
This is in my betta bowl, its small & no filtre so the bubbles are just randomly there. Is this a bubble nest?

Attachments

• image-547130516.jpg
    image-547130516.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 102
No I don't think so. My betta makes nests in his bowl every once in a while also.

Yes, it is. And I hope you will consider getting your betta a properly heated and filtered tank.

Oh of course, this is just what i'll keep hin in until I move & i'll get a 5 gallon tank. Will that be big enough?

Check out 10's too. It's weird because in my Petco 10's are cheaper and in my Walmart they are $2 more than the 5's. If you have the room for it and it also makes sense financially, then go for a 10. Otherwise a 5 will work. Bettas like their water heated to 80 so try and get an adjustable heater and not a preset one. :)

I was gonna try doing the female betta soroity in my 20g high. but I'm still wondering if I should do it. I got sone info & I might lose them so I might just keep all my bettas in their own tanks but idk If I have room for 3 ten gallon tanks & a 55 gallon tank money wise i'm still depending on my parrents :x haha.

I would advise against the sorority. I did one for a while and ultimately ended up splitting them up. If you're lucky enough to have the right group of gals it just may work, but I think more likely than not, they'll just be really stressed. Maybe one of the bettas could go in the 55, and one in the 20 w/ other fish, then you'd only need 1 ten gal? Or is there more than 3 bettas?

Oh so you think the soroity would just be tricky? & I was thinking of putting my calmest betta in my 55 gallon but I'm gonna have live barriers, musk turtles & tiger barbs so i'm not sure if that would just asking for it.

Oh ok I wouldn't mix tigber barbs with bettas. I know the idea of a sorority is awesome and I certainly wouldn't say it "can't" work, but my personal recommendation is 1 betta per tank.

Yeah thats what I thought & I was also told if I did have the soroity it would be best to have some other fish to distract the bettas from taking their aggresion out on eachother.

flame_fish said:
Anyone think thats a good idea??

I actually just started my sorority yesterday with 3 females.
One of them I bought the day before and was left in a jar while one of my males were in the tank. Then I bought the other two and put them in and took the male out. There has been absolutely no aggression :D I also have a snail... It poops alot :/

Wow no agression at all?? do you have a lot of plants because I was told that lowers the chance of them having to see eachother as much but how big is your tank?? I was gonna use a 20g high!

flame_fish said:
Wow no agression at all?? do you have a lot of plants because I was told that lowers the chance of them having to see eachother as much but how big is your tank?? I was gonna use a 20g high!

Actually I only have plants in one corner.
Most of the time they stay in one corner all together.
Lol I know it's not allowed but theyre only in my old breeding tank which is a 4 gallon :S I'm waiting for my mums approval for a bigger tank. :(

One of the problems that arises with female bettas is that many of the ones sold as females are actually short finned males. You have to make sure that you have true female bettas to do an all female betta tank.

They're in a 4 gallon? And they're happy in it? But how are you sure that the betta is an female & not a short fined male?

You can see the females ovipositor on her underside. It's a little white spec that usually sticks out just a bit.

Back
Top Bottom