Bud's Craislist 55 Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks! Just added more plants. I still have some work to do with straightening everything out, but here's a sneak peek.

Plant list as of now:

Amazon Sword
Purple Cabomba
Rotala
Dwarf Subulata
Chain Sword
Moss Ball
Contortionist Val

Attachments

• image-3911373255.jpg
    image-3911373255.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 123
Thanks! Just added more plants. I still have some work to do with straightening everything out, but here's a sneak peek.

Plant list as of now:

Amazon Sword
Purple Cabomba
Rotala
Dwarf Subulata
Chain Sword
Moss Ball
Contortionist Val

Looks amazing, Bud!

Very nice :)

What's your lighting? What are you dosing?

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. This is my first official attempt at aquascaping. I like how it's turning out.

Lighting is an AquaticLife 48" T5HO 54Wx2 6000K one is white and one is rose something. Not sure how that's gonna work. They're the bulbs that came with the fixture.

I'll take recommendations on what to dose, if I need it. I use root tabs, leaf zone, and CO2 booster.

Also, not sure if I mentioned it but I fixed both AC filters and now running the 70 and the 50 on this tank. Plenty of H2O getting moved around. :)

Thanks. Yes, red line torpedo barbs will be going in here (love them) along with my tiger barbs and maybe some Odessa, rosy, or black ruby barbs.

New pic! Moved my fish over last night. Plants have filled in a good bit too. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• image-1427754355.jpg
    image-1427754355.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 177
You rock! Thanks! You get your coupon for TFP for this weekend? 30% off all aquatic livestock and plants... I'll be there Saturday morning. :)

Since pics are what matters...New shots from tonight. Got some diatoms, but not too bad. They've just made things look a bit brown. The Denison barbs are in there now too. Very cool fish. Any suggestions are welcome.

Attachments

• image-2744579518.jpg
    image-2744579518.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 144
  • image-934505763.jpg
    image-934505763.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 146
  • image-1122660599.jpg
    image-1122660599.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 148
Wondering what other fish to add. I'd like something bright and colorful that will get along with the other barbs, and I think that means more barbs which was the plan to begin with. Cherry, rosy, odessa, other...any suggestions?

I think any of those three would work well if you're looking for color. My 6 yr old has some male cherry barbs in his tank and they certainly are eye catching.

Back
Top Bottom