Can I add a solo fish to my 10 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rampion

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am a new aquarium owner, and unfortunately did not know that a 10 gallon was not a good starting place when I bought it, so thats what I have. I'm working on making it a planted aquarium (so much more work that the pet store employees led me to believe) and it is currently filtered, cycled, heated, and lit with LEDs. I have 4 cory cats in there now and 3 nerite snails. My question is, can I add a betta or another solo fish without overstocking? Or would you recommend sticking with the current setup?

Dwarf gouramis maybe.... If you can find "good" stock. A single betta should work as well, or a small school of chili rasbora, celestial pearl danio, ember tetra, neon tetra.

I am a new aquarium owner, and unfortunately did not know that a 10 gallon was not a good starting place when I bought it, so thats what I have. I'm working on making it a planted aquarium (so much more work that the pet store employees led me to believe) and it is currently filtered, cycled, heated, and lit with LEDs. I have 4 cory cats in there now and 3 nerite snails. My question is, can I add a betta or another solo fish without overstocking? Or would you recommend sticking with the current setup?
I agree with the dwarf Gourami. I have 2 and they are beautiful and full of personality. Screenshot_20180422-014115.jpgScreenshot_20180422-014111.jpg

Back
Top Bottom