Can I put these fish in my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am a total amateur when it comes to fish keeping and this is my first post. I have no idea how to use this site correctly, and although I try my best, I apologize if I'm messing something up. Anyway, I researched my first fish tank extensively, and I bought a 29 gallon tank and I have 12 cardinal tetras, 6 diamond tetras, 2 Pictus catfish, and 4 pearl danios. I have gotten each species a week apart and I have cleaned and changed the water of the tank 30% every week. I try to be as responsible as I can. Anyway, on to the point, I was wondering if I can fit a pearl Gourami and a Gold marbled angelfish into my tank. My fish all get along fabulously. If there are any issues, whether it be aggression, or simply size please tell me. My pictus catfish have not gone after any of my fish so I was pleasantly surprised. I apologize for saying or doing anything idiotic as I am very new to this website and the fish keeping world in general. Should I put in the fish I have previously stated? Thank you so much!!!!!!

Welcome to the site :) we are glad to have you! That's awesome that you have done some research beforehand.

1. Did you let your tank cycle properly before adding fish? I always ask this question because when I was a beginner I had no idea a "cycle" existed.

I think a gourami would be okay IMO.

Personal preferance an angel needs at least a 40g due to the fact they can get 6 inches tall alone.

Beware Pictus do have good sized mouths. Once they get to their full size of 5-7 inches they might could fit a small danio In there. ALSO I read on another thread that do not physically touch your pictus. They have "poison" in their fins. It can give a rash than can burn/itch. Nothing serious but easily avoided. I loved my pictus when I had one super cool fish :)

Hope this helps! If your answer is no to that question im going to put up some links for you to help you out!

Caleb

~10g 7 ghost shrimp, Betta,2 ADF
~45g Rescaped! 5 White skirt tetras, 5 green Corys, 3 pandas, 1 peacock Gudgeon.
~75g NEW! dojo loach, 5 black Skirt Tetras, 5 cherry barbs, live plants

Happy reading.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154837

You can find it again by going to Freshwater>Getting Started
Along with many other articles to help you out.

Feel free to ask any more questions you might have!

Caleb

~10g 7 ghost shrimp, Betta,2 ADF
~45g Rescaped! 5 White skirt tetras, 5 green Corys, 3 pandas, 1 peacock Gudgeon.
~75g NEW! dojo loach, 5 black Skirt Tetras, 5 cherry barbs, live plants

I recently found a site to check fish compatability. I couldn't copy the link but you can google this. Tropical fish and aquariums.com. This site really helped me.

Back
Top Bottom