Charlie's 37 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieKlein

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well it's finally starting, my 1st tank!! I'm still waiting for the last layer of black paint on the back to dry, but then I'll post some pictures
So for substrate, I have 35 lbs. of super natural by caribsea( 7-5lb bags) and I'm awating my order from dr. Foster and smith which has my 3 cichlid stones and 2 pieces if mopani driftwood. Tommorrow I will pick up some lava rock. Can't wait for it!!
I'm not sure if I will grow plants, I'd love too but I can't upgrade lights. I have the marineland biowheel kit's led lights. The plants I already have(for a science project) are mondo grass, windelov java fern, narrow leaf java fern, and not sure about the last one, I'll edit when I do know. Can i put any of them in the tank? ill be doing a fishless cycle and then here's my stocking. Still open for suggustions
1 zebra angelfish
6 rumynose tetras
12 neons or Mabye 6 black widow tetras(would these work?)
5 endlers or guppies
4 panda or 3-lined Cory's
1 German blue ram
1 apistogramma
2 pearl gouramis
So that's all, any suggustions, comments, or anything is appreciated!

Attachments

• image-1662915137.jpg
    image-1662915137.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 130
I think you are a LITTLE overstocked. Here is what I would suggest.

I Angel
6 RummyNose
6 Lemon Tetras
4 Panda Cories
2 German Blue Ram
But, what kind of apisto were you thinking of?

I think you are a LITTLE overstocked. Here is what I would suggest.

I Angel
6 RummyNose
6 Lemon Tetras
4 Panda Cories
2 German Blue Ram
But, what kind of apisto were you thinking of?

Agassazi. But from what most people on the site agree, it is ok, I will still tinker with it a bit

Due to the footprint of the tank, I too believe this is slightly overstocked. I would take out the endler's, and probably the gouramis as well. Angels get very large, and will take up a lot of space when fully grown. I'm glad to see you're finally starting!

yup....and, if you're like me, what you get in this tank after it's cycled will be much different than what you're planning on now :lol: I don't even remember how many times I switched around the stocking plan on my 29 gallon, and then, when I went to the lfs, I got something completely different :lol:

Well I've changed many times but have been set on this for a while! Hopefully something including these 3 cichlids!! And then corys(Mabye kuhli loaches) and some tetras!!

yup....and, if you're like me, what you get in this tank after it's cycled will be much different than what you're planning on now :lol: I don't even remember how many times I switched around the stocking plan on my 29 gallon, and then, when I went to the lfs, I got something completely different :lol:

Oh my goodness, I am the SAME! I am just starting my 25 gal too, and it is a completely different stock then when I started planning it! :ROFLMAO:

Kuhli loaches are awesome ;)

Also, I saw you are getting lava rock - just be aware this may raise pH. Also, don't boil it to clean it.....it may explode on you :eek:

Don't have a german ram with an agassizi I put a german with my Agassizi and he was charging my German's bag

Well I may get a did type of rock, from petsmart, they have like 6 diff kinds. But as for stock, I might get kuhlis. Are they similar to Cory's as in eating leftover food? And wht pleco would ya suggust? The lfs owner suggeste rino? I was thinkin bulldog, rubber look, or bristlenose

Well I may get a did type of rock, from petsmart, they have like 6 diff kinds. But as for stock, I might get kuhlis. Are they similar to Cory's as in eating leftover food? And wht pleco would ya suggust? The lfs owner suggeste rino? I was thinkin bulldog, rubber look, or bristlenose

Go with a bristle nose they are plant friendly great fish stay small and friendly!

Rhino Plecos are kind of hard to find IME, and more expensive than regular plecos. I would get a bristlenose pleco. I loved mine.

As for the diet of kuhlis, they LOVE shrimp pellets.

They had rhinos! Are they good?

You could definitely get one, but as I stated before they are generally more expensive.

Plants-wise, I have heard that marineland LED's aren't very strong, so I would do low-light plants. Java Ferns, Java Moss, Crypts, Anubias, Hornwort, and Anacharis are some examples of low-light plants. However, with the exception of the hornwort and anacharis, these plants are very slow growers.

You could definitely get one, but as I stated before they are generally more expensive.

Plants-wise, I have heard that marineland LED's aren't very strong, so I would do low-light plants. Java Ferns, Java Moss, Crypts, Anubias, Hornwort, and Anacharis are some examples of low-light plants. However, with the exception of the hornwort and anacharis, these plants are very slow growers.

Yeah, I forgot how much they were, I'll ask tho. And as for plants, il do both my mosses and then the other ones Mabye not... But I hope at least those 2!

Back
Top Bottom