Check this out!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a dwarf Lilly I'm about to add. My lighting pretty much sux. Do u think I should just get some fake plants b/c I can't really afford the lights I want right now?

Bbush said:
I have a dwarf Lilly I'm about to add. My lighting pretty much sux. Do u think I should just get some fake plants b/c I can't really afford the lights I want right now?

IMO just use the money you would use for the fake plants and put it twards a new fixture. I'm sure your light can support some moss and anubias? Is it about 1W per gallon? (btw, that's a very innacurate but simple way to see how much light you have)

My tank is a 56 gallon ( 2 feet tall ) tank. It came with a cheap 40 watt perfecto, so I added my old 50 watt bulbs from my old 20 gallon tank.

I have a 56 gallon column and I bought a cheap odyssea 30 inch off eBay for like $80 a year ago. It's 96 watts. It's worked for me just fine.

Attachments

• image-1582275709.jpg
    image-1582275709.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 139
Nice! I would like to get one of those new marineland LEDs. Most likely will be a while (Christmas) before I can upgrade. Baby due in 3 weeks! Ah, priorities ...

Bbush said:
Nice! I would like to get one of those new marineland LEDs. Most likely will be a while (Christmas) before I can upgrade. Baby due in 3 weeks! Ah, priorities ...

The Marineland LEDs unfortunately are not very good at growing plants. A T5NO or HO fixture would be better.

I am looking into it. The column tank is an odd shape, and I have not been able to find a back ground that will fit. I am thinking about getting a dark mirror specially made.

Looks a lot better, always have been a fan of black background.

Thanks. That prolly would look better. I'll put that on my to do list. I just sort of shoved it down as far as it would go!

Back
Top Bottom