Community fish that will glow in LED night light?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ritter101

Aquarium Advice Newbie
We have platys, a pleco, and two lace catfish (upside own cats?). Any recommendations on a new member that would glow with our new black LED light? Preferably not a fish that we need to get more than 2-3.

Ritter101 said:
We have platys, a pleco, and two lace catfish (upside own cats?). Any recommendations on a new member that would glow with our new black LED light? Preferably not a fish that we need to get more than 2-3.

Hmm maybe glo-fish??

I wouldn't recommend Glo-fish as they are schooling fish and need at least 6 members in their school to feel secure.

adadkins1 said:
I wouldn't recommend Glo-fish as they are schooling fish and need at least 6 members in their school to feel secure.

Oh :( my bad I had about 3 they did fine(died 3 months ago..) so I jus thought be okay . Never knew too much about glo-fish. They do stand out though!

Yes they definitely do stand out, which is what he OP wanted so you were right in that respect. One thing that most people don't realize is Glo-fish are just a genetically modified version of the tried and true Zebra Danio. As you probably know ZD's are highly social and active so they need a school just like any other Danio, Tetra, Rasbora, etc. So Glo-fish should be treated like any other schooler.

Don't worry, ya learn something every day! (y)

They are purty social. My Mom has some. You might try a livebearer. Especially endlers! They would POP and are gorgeous and small!

The OP already has Platies.

Maybe you could find some other varieties of Platy to add to your tank?

+1 on the edlers

I have three green tiger endler's males together and they are great. So pretty, so small and so funny. I imagine that they talk like gangsters from the 20s...

I would say Endlers if you didn't have any Platies. You can try, but I've heard of Platies attacking smaller livebearers (Guppies/Endlers). These may be rare cases, I just wanted to point it out.

My LFS just got in some gorgeous endlers! Must resist.......

Back
Top Bottom