Coolest,most awesome fish I ever owned

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is a beautiful fish but you might have to find a pond or lake at some point. They could get up to 5 ft long. 180 pound catfish

Lol, I love redtail catfish and I'm glad yours looks magnificent and happy and well cared for! They really are awesome fish. IMO it's still a travesty that they're sold considering just how few people can house them properly.

Funny story about RTC's; I was watching river monsters with my fiance and her family and Jeremy Wade hooked into a really big fish. Between my fisherman's and fishkeeping knowledge I was fairly certain very quickly that he was hooked into a RTC and called that that's what it was going to be. Sure enough, he pulls up a 3.5' redtail.

I bask a little bit in my fish expertry, and then inform them, "Y'know, you could buy those at the Petsmart in Bangor!"

My (almost) mother-in-law looks at me, mouth agape; "You can BUY those!? As PETS!?"

"Yep."

She asked me a few more questions about keeping them and I took the opportunity to explain that not every fish you can buy is good for fish tanks. It was a good teaching moment!

Back
Top Bottom