coralbandits fish room

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So an active day for sure .
I separated the albino congo tetras into a large dip and pour in preparing to move them and the still un matched 2 angels . I cleaned a 40b and plopped the 2 angels in it with the congos floating in the dip in pour for maybe an hour or so.When I dumped the dip and pour with the congos out I saw eggs come pouring out with them ! Could it be ??
You bet ya !(y) The congos were spawning in the container !The 40b was so clean I was able to find all eggs on bottom and use a turkey baster to re claim them..I also caught the congos again and placed them back in the dip and pour [old HOB filter not small like I use for eggs] with a piece of egg crate to keep them from getting to the eggs if they were still active. Well they were ! About 3 hours later I netted the congos out and removed the egg crate .I think I have about 100 eggs ! I have never breed tetras before so this is great and exciting for me. The eggs are on high tumble with a cover them to block light.Since the tank was all albinos anyways the light are way low for the fishes own health and well being.
If that isn't enough my 4-6 moth old electric blue acara that were supposed to go to Hawaii yesterday decided to spawn also..4 sets of eggs from 3 different sp. fish in 2 days ..Not to bad huh?
On to the pictures !
Eggs and happy new pair [if I get one wiggler] ;
splWyO2.jpg

Eggs from yesterday;
5quEe0w.jpg

Eggs from tetras;
JBJ3YE8.jpg

Young new pair with eggs in tray;
GVVglk0.jpg

And the eggs safely taken;
9JJ6bRk.jpg

Not bad for second rain day back in town ..The week end water changes and bloodworms may have had some influence though....:whistle:

That is amazing. The bandit version of Congo tetras should be amazing
Thanks Mike .
I NEVER expected them so I am super excited . Like going to make a tank[33 long] just for them with an egg crate bottom for easy safe harvest . I read a single female can lay 300+ eggs a week !:eek:

I took that tank down to 180TDS.
I honestly measure nothing else !
I just mix my ro[no di so about 16-20 TDS] with my tap to get what ever value I want..
Never breeding tetras or even researching them slightly before today I will just see how these eggs go. I read to keep them dark so I have the eggs covered but other then that know nothing. Not even sure if the eggs need to be tumbling but I can't see just leaving them on the bottom of the dip and pour or tank.Too much bacteria gathers on the bottom of even the cleanest BB tank. So I have the air cranked to keep them moving.

OK both sets of angels eggs have hatched and I have wigglers !
The congo tetra eggs vanished ,they are gone .Maybe tumbled to high or the MB ate them but nothing in D&P at all!

Pair #2 of the dantums seems to be very happy as they laid eggs again today just 5 days after the last batch..
So pair 2 is confirmed and active...
Need to get set up for the congos . I feel like they have challenged me ! Today watching them with the last 2 albino dantums[still not confirmed pair ] I could clearly see two of the females are loaded with eggs !

Formed new pairs over the weekend for this seasons breeding..The fish turn on around this time of the year. Had a new option with the rams so gave it a try and BOOM just like that !
CbWv8htl.jpg

That's a black ram[male] from my breeding with a female electric blue from my breeding...These ought to come out interesting?

Here she is laying eggs ;
f4wVbKZl.jpg

And here he is fertilizing them !
0OGQ6eUl.jpg

Just separated this weekend ,they must like each other !
I am very excited to see what comes from these !:dance:
Need to stay up late to steal the eggs as this is happening now !:nono:

What days do you ship? I have ordered another heater. I want to get that going and know I can keep water warm enough for your beautiful Rams

Back
Top Bottom