coralbandits fish room

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I got the new air pump all hooked up and running.It is very nice to be running everything off of one pump and to hard lines giving me flow all way to the end of the line. I only used 3 out of 4 lines out of the manifold. Direction say to run a fan on pump if used indoors so.....
i64Kotll.jpg

I dropped hard line to each rack [the red line] ;
HW7gT6Ol.jpg

Then reduced from 1/2 inch to gang valves .
8lzssPSl.jpg

Running somewhere between 80 and 100 lines right now..I could max this out if I ran heavy bubbles in most which I don't.

Found eggs today !
Got my second spawn from Tunas Apisto bitaeniata .
Then after admiring the small 25+ hatch from my platinum angels from a couple weeks ago looking possibly to be platinum [ I know they can change color growing] I found a large spawn from the angels !Hoping I get platinums and that hatch does better...

The pictas look to be recovering [less shimmy] but I lost at least 2 of the males...I was happy to find whoever is left hiding and swimming today as opposed to going nowhere in the corner...I will just have to wait see how they turn out but I am still changing water and dosing rid ich as they were covered a couple days ago..
great news all around. Glad the Apistos are producing for you:) - Got the Alita40 Plumbed in here- It is a BEAST! I love it - Still have to neaten up some of my work (I was in a hurry and acting like a kid because I wanted it NOW:huh:) Will post some pics/vid on my thread when I get a little time and clean my mess up.

Forgot to mention I found the male irinidae in the bitaeniata tank and got him out last night..Now he shares his new tank with 3 instead of two females...Keeping a close eye out for eggs and wild behavior in that tank...Hopefully they will all be happy...?

My iniridae have been reluctant to spawn... clearly something I am doing is not working.

I will have to keep trying new things to see if I can find the trigger. Not an easy fish by any means!

Excited about the bitaeniata that you will be raising out... they are very very pretty.

So the angel eggs all went to fungus.. I think I pulled them too early ? The little batch I have still looks good and pale to me...
The Apisto b. wigglers are holding on and I expect possibly 20 of them to be free swimming tomorrow.
Expecting eggs from the Pelivicachromis any day again now.Their calender says they should be the New Years Baby parents and today they were both in their own caves.
She is colored so incredibly it has to be soon.
I have 2 batches from the balloon male ram that are getting decent size and starting on prepared foods along with the BBS.
One of the older batches from the EBR/GBR cross has multiple colored juvis..Some are a pale GBR and some an even paler EBR...Watching these guys closely now.:popcorn:

Nice! I bet that. Moliwe color is stunning when spawning

Those apisto b, do you have them in your special water mix or something closer to tap?

So I got the new air pump all hooked up and running.It is very nice to be running everything off of one pump and to hard lines giving me flow all way to the end of the line. I only used 3 out of 4 lines out of the manifold. Direction say to run a fan on pump if used indoors so.....
i64Kotll.jpg

I dropped hard line to each rack [the red line] ;
HW7gT6Ol.jpg

Then reduced from 1/2 inch to gang valves .
8lzssPSl.jpg

Running somewhere between 80 and 100 lines right now..I could max this out if I ran heavy bubbles in most which I don't.

Found eggs today !
Got my second spawn from Tunas Apisto bitaeniata .
Then after admiring the small 25+ hatch from my platinum angels from a couple weeks ago looking possibly to be platinum [ I know they can change color growing] I found a large spawn from the angels !Hoping I get platinums and that hatch does better...

The pictas look to be recovering [less shimmy] but I lost at least 2 of the males...I was happy to find whoever is left hiding and swimming today as opposed to going nowhere in the corner...I will just have to wait see how they turn out but I am still changing water and dosing rid ich as they were covered a couple days ago..

Hey coral bandit I just got the same pump to move my moving bed filter. This is a great pump.

Hey coral bandit I just got the same pump to move my moving bed filter. This is a great pump.

Sometimes people wonder how others do it..Quality equipment is a big part to long term success IMO .You will love the pump , I saw you fluidized bed ...BEAST!!~

Shane I just started working the irinidae today.They have settled and are fine in soft water TDS of 88..I vacuumed front half of tank and replaced with 65 TDS water to drop them a little.
Also they had only 3 caves[1/2 pots sideways] but now I added 1/2 bottoms with hole facing up in 2 sizes.
These work best on some of the tougher apistos for me...
So glad you posted pictures of yours back when I was thinking of getting rid of all. Looking at the male he is spectacular...

Ask what you need MIke ! I can't wait to see you getting all set up !:dance:

Thanks Bandit. I learned a long time ago in this hobby that when I saved a bucket on a piece of equipment I would end up spending double.

The Pelvicachromis teaniatus moliwe ;
They are picky 'spoiled ' eaters ! So are the parents..
These guys are given BBS 2x daily and now starting on crushed flake wich they like more then pellets and frozen cyclopod+[Hikari] .

Enjoying the mix that comes from my male EBR and female GBR I thought I should try the opposite. These two have been together for about 3 weeks and I never saw them lay eggs or where they hid them. But they not only laid eggs , but then brought them to the tray as wigglers !
Maybe they know I am supposed to raise them , but they didn't know there is no room at the inn !
They get to keep their fry along with about 4 others at the moment. We will see how this goes , like I don't know....:whistle:

Enjoying the mix that comes from my male EBR and female GBR I thought I should try the opposite. These two have been together for about 3 weeks and I never saw them lay eggs or where they hid them. But they not only laid eggs , but then brought them to the tray as wigglers !
Maybe they know I am supposed to raise them , but they didn't know there is no room at the inn !
They get to keep their fry along with about 4 others at the moment. We will see how this goes , like I don't know....:whistle:

Very Nice!

Thanks man !
Finally going to get a little time in the fish room this winter !:whistle:(y):dance:
I have never been laid off before last year and they almost broke my heart keeping me outside as long as they have this season ! I have been looking forward to this day since April ! Being outdoors the last couple weeks here in upstate NY has been nothing short of brutal.. It helps in the understanding of shipping hardships in the winter ! When I worked for myself [15+ years] I always had winter work ,but approached it with care and concern for safety and well being.."Working for a living" assumes you will live and have a life outside of work...
So finally now I get to enjoy my fish a little without lack of time or energy concerns ! 8+ hours in the cold really zaps you and the single digit [minus zero] temps lately have been tiring .... I have some plans and the whole day shift to work on them now in the comfort of the fish room...:brows::cool: I may even shave my gray beard off !:nono::lol:

Found male Pelvicachromis dead today ! He looked lethargic yesterday and both of the pair have been very picky eaters. She is sitting on a batch of eggs in his cave that hopefully got fertilized before he passed . It is possible she killed him but he shows no signs of anything wrong or abuse .. Such a beautiful fish even dead ! This makes the previous 2 spawns even more important than ever ...
May move the juvis to the 20g the pair had and move the single remaining female into the 29 in the wall with the hatchet fish. Looked for Kuhlis yesterday to add to the 29 but found none in 4 LFS ! My #1 LFS had pygmy hatchet fish ,but with no tank space and enjoying the silvers I have , I reluctantly left them there .. $9.99 a pair has them cheaper then the silvers I got . :facepalm:
So with all bad comes a little good ? I have seen at least 2 fry in the Red picta tank this am ! :dance: I added a little more subwassertang to the tank for cover as I don't want to pull these fry. I hope the adults don't eat them ,but we will see...It still looks like I have 2 males and 4 females with 1 about to give birth hopefully also.
I have waited some what patiently for this day since late November..
I say some what as my partner texted me last night " Congrats on your lay off ! " They all knew I had something else I would rather be doing....:cool:
So I am all fish/fish room till spring I believe ....Now tat starts a HAPPY NEW YEAR for me ! :dance:

Thanks man !
Finally going to get a little time in the fish room this winter !:whistle:(y):dance:
I have never been laid off before last year and they almost broke my heart keeping me outside as long as they have this season ! I have been looking forward to this day since April ! Being outdoors the last couple weeks here in upstate NY has been nothing short of brutal.. It helps in the understanding of shipping hardships in the winter ! When I worked for myself [15+ years] I always had winter work ,but approached it with care and concern for safety and well being.."Working for a living" assumes you will live and have a life outside of work...
So finally now I get to enjoy my fish a little without lack of time or energy concerns ! 8+ hours in the cold really zaps you and the single digit [minus zero] temps lately have been tiring .... I have some plans and the whole day shift to work on them now in the comfort of the fish room...:brows::cool: I may even shave my gray beard off !:nono::lol:

Found male Pelvicachromis dead today ! He looked lethargic yesterday and both of the pair have been very picky eaters. She is sitting on a batch of eggs in his cave that hopefully got fertilized before he passed . It is possible she killed him but he shows no signs of anything wrong or abuse .. Such a beautiful fish even dead ! This makes the previous 2 spawns even more important than ever ...
May move the juvis to the 20g the pair had and move the single remaining female into the 29 in the wall with the hatchet fish. Looked for Kuhlis yesterday to add to the 29 but found none in 4 LFS ! My #1 LFS had pygmy hatchet fish ,but with no tank space and enjoying the silvers I have , I reluctantly left them there .. $9.99 a pair has them cheaper then the silvers I got . :facepalm:
So with all bad comes a little good ? I have seen at least 2 fry in the Red picta tank this am ! :dance: I added a little more subwassertang to the tank for cover as I don't want to pull these fry. I hope the adults don't eat them ,but we will see...It still looks like I have 2 males and 4 females with 1 about to give birth hopefully also.
I say some what as my partner texted me last night " Congrats on your lay off ! " They all knew I had something else I would rather be doing....:cool:
So I am all fish/fish room till spring I believe ....Now tat starts a HAPPY NEW YEAR for me ! :dance:

Good news on the lay off LOL. I can't say that would be good news for most folks I know including myself. That auction in Carmel,NY is coming up soon, Are you going?

Good news on the lay off LOL. I can't say that would be good news for most folks I know including myself. That auction in Carmel,NY is coming up soon, Are you going?
I have been preparing for this since April !
I believe I have that day free...When is it !
Yea I am interested in going to that one for sure..
Found more Red picta fry today !:dance:

Just got contacted by one of my fellow fish heads ...
Black Rams are available !
Do I need to say anything besides I will follow this up when they arrive in the fish room !
They were created By Shahar Danziger [a discus breeder] in Israel a couple years ago and have taken this long to get here.. There is a short article on them in the Jan /Feb 2017 issue of Amozonas .
Hopefully I will get my wet hands on them and make them much more available to people in the US... :dance:

Thanks man !

Bandit I'm happy that you've taken this lay off as good news (y) I don't know if I could say the same if that happened to me. My tank wouldn't be enough to keep me occupied. :) Stay warm buddie :fish2:

Back
Top Bottom