Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Members Freshwater Tanks Showcase
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-24-2010, 08:09 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Crystal Red Shrimp (CRS)

Hi all, this is the lone survivor of an unfortunate shipment of Crystal Red Shrimp (CRS). I share it mostly for those who maybe haven't been introduced to the wonderful world of freshwater dwarf shrimp. This guy is only about 1" long which is basically at or pretty close to his full adult size. He's a relatively "low grade" CRS, as CRS go, but as you can see he is still very attractive.

Enjoy!

EDIT: added a second picture, of the entire tank (10 gallon). It's a bit of a mess because I'm halfway through a re-aquascaping on it. You can see the CRS on the substrate in the middle of the tank--that gives you a sense of how small these things are.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CRSsurvivor.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	25094   Click image for larger version

Name:	CRStank.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	25095  

Old 08-24-2010, 08:50 PM   #2
HN1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Nice shrimp and tank! Thanks for posting pics.

Old 08-24-2010, 08:56 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

so cute!
Old 08-24-2010, 09:20 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks. I have a 10g tank of Blue Pearl Shrimp with some nice orange/tangerine ramshorn snails. And this second tank 10g tank (with the CRS "survivor") has some blue ramshorn snails and by the end of the week will have some baby Yellow Shrimp as well. And a third tank (5.5g) with a few wild color (i.e. essentially brown) Neocaridina shrimp. And in the past I've had Red Cherry Shrimp (RCS), Bamboo/Wood Shrimp, a rather large electric blue "freshwater lobster" (actually a cray, probably a P. clarkii), ghost/glass shrimp, Mexican Dwarf Orange Crays (CPO's), and Red Claw Crabs.

My name is John Paul and...yes....I'm an invertaholic!

Tags
crystal, rim, shrimp

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com