Crystal Red Shrimp (CRS)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JohnPaul

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi all, this is the lone survivor of an unfortunate shipment of Crystal Red Shrimp (CRS). I share it mostly for those who maybe haven't been introduced to the wonderful world of freshwater dwarf shrimp. This guy is only about 1" long which is basically at or pretty close to his full adult size. He's a relatively "low grade" CRS, as CRS go, but as you can see he is still very attractive.

Enjoy!

EDIT: added a second picture, of the entire tank (10 gallon). It's a bit of a mess because I'm halfway through a re-aquascaping on it. You can see the CRS on the substrate in the middle of the tank--that gives you a sense of how small these things are.

Attachments

• CRSsurvivor.jpg
    CRSsurvivor.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 156
  • CRStank.jpg
    CRStank.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 199
Nice shrimp and tank! Thanks for posting pics. :)

Thanks. I have a 10g tank of Blue Pearl Shrimp with some nice orange/tangerine ramshorn snails. And this second tank 10g tank (with the CRS "survivor") has some blue ramshorn snails and by the end of the week will have some baby Yellow Shrimp as well. And a third tank (5.5g) with a few wild color (i.e. essentially brown) Neocaridina shrimp. And in the past I've had Red Cherry Shrimp (RCS), Bamboo/Wood Shrimp, a rather large electric blue "freshwater lobster" (actually a cray, probably a P. clarkii), ghost/glass shrimp, Mexican Dwarf Orange Crays (CPO's), and Red Claw Crabs.

My name is John Paul and...yes....I'm an invertaholic!

Back
Top Bottom