Discus help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cbobbitt

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I'm new to discus and I have two everything has been fine so far until today I noticed that one of them is kinda hiding in the back and didn't eat this evening it's been only like 8 hrs since he hasn't eaten but if there is a problem I'm trying to stay on top of it. I have a 75gal. well planted tank with drift wood. My blue diamond is doing just fine really perky but my red Peguon is the one hiding what do you guys think it is?? Or is it just nothing??

I'm no expert on discus diseases but I'd first run a water test just to be sure.

After that I would look for any physical deficiencies. Cuts, spots, bumps, fin rot, etc..

Caleb

I have checked the water and everything is good ph 7.4 and always constant has never changed and there is nothing visibly wrong with the fish and no fish picks on it if anything this one is the bully of the tank.

Poop is normal as far as I have seen. And it's a new tank so I only bought two first I'm planning on more in the next week or so. I'm just starting slow so I didn't loose a whole tank due to being a newbie

I know a c bobbit, lol. Just continue to monitor him. He could just be stressed. What's the temp on the tank?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have one that had constipation when I first got it. Caused all kinds of problems. Finally, just went away. Fine now, but I didn't know what was wrong. Moved it to a hospital tank etc... It's just now getting back to normal.

Still about the same size it was 2 months ago when I got it. The others are much bigger. That's why I was asking about the poop. He would just go to the back corner & refuse to eat. After I moved him back, he finally just pooped it out. Strange...

I think it may have been switching over to my food/parameters, stress etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Huh I'll look closer for sure but I feed beef heart,blood worms manly with variety of some mysis shrimp (however you spell that). Almost all frozen food should I be switching it up more? They won't touch brine shrimp or flake food never tried pellets tho.

Well now it has turned off bad now he is just kinda floating on his side!! This has happened very quickly

Poop is normal as far as I have seen. And it's a new tank so I only bought two first I'm planning on more in the next week or so. I'm just starting slow so I didn't loose a whole tank due to being a newbie

Are cycling your tank using discus to do so?

sit in silence

No the tank has been cycled and well established for about 6-8 months now discuss have been in tank for about a month and half

How do you try and fix that I have melafix and some fungus stuff would any of this help can I do them both at the same time I have it in a querintine tank and what about a salt bath iv heard about it I have aqurium salt how much per gal. If so

It's like floating half swimming on its side and like pointing up!! Aww man I'm going to loose arnt I!!!

I would get prazipro, I think it's called. It's a general antibiotic.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Whatever you decide to use, I would start doing a lot of water changes. I did have an angel fish that was acting like that, & it lived another year or two. Sorry to hear it through. I remember feeding a lot of green peas. Perhaps salt as well.

Hopefully, someone else will chime in. I'm going to look through some of my older posts & see if I can remember what I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom